Montreal, Canada, February 08, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Queendom.com, a pioneer in online personality, career, IQ and relationship assessments is baring it all this Valentine's Day. Thirteen thousand people exposed their sexual habits on Queendom's Sex Personality Test, and revealed just how far we have come since the sexual liberation movement of the 60's.
Running a search in Google for sex-related scandals in history will render results like Cleopatra and Mark Antony's love affair, the 1928 release of D.H. Lawrence's explicit Lady Chatterley's Lover, and Elvis' gyrating hips on the 1956 Milton Berle Show, which was described at the time by John Crosby of the New York Herald Tribune as "vulgar." These historical scandals, however, would probably pale in comparison to the sexually liberated views and behaviors of today, as modern research will dictate. A meta-analysis by Peterson and Hyde (2011) on modern sexual attitudes, for example, reveals that many sexual behaviors that would have been considered inappropriate before the revolution in the 60's, like masturbation and oral sex, are now considered acceptable behavior by most men and women.
Gender comparisons reveal that while men had more liberal views about sex (score of 71 for men, 66 for women, on a scale from 0 to 100), women were more comfortable talking about it (74 vs. 70). Willingness to explore different aspects of sex increased with age, and naturally, experience.
"While the majority of our sample was understandably antsy about more adventurous sexual exploits, like having sex in unconventional places, they didn't hold back when it came to speaking up about new stuff they want to try in the bedroom - and our data show that this is a crucial aspect of a healthy relationship," indicates Dr. Ilona Jerabek, president of the company. "People who were most satisfied with their relationship in general were those who felt free to express their sexual desires to their partner."
Queendom's Sex Personality study also reveals that:
- 17% use six or more positions during a single sexual encounter; 30% shift into four or five; 49% (the majority) use two or three.
- 27% eagerly talk about their sexual fantasies with their partner; 12% would like to, but are afraid of being judged or ridiculed.
- 31% admit to regularly using sex toys.
- The most adventurous place people have had sex: In a car (31%).
- The top 3 fetishes/fantasies that turn women on are spanking, bondage, and watching themselves in the mirror while having sex.
- The top 3 fetishes/fantasies that turn men on are watching themselves in the mirror, threesomes, and videotaping sexual encounters with their partner.
Queendom.com offers some "sexpert" advice for spicing things up this Valentine's:
- Do a strip tease for your partner. Put on sexy music that gets you in the mood and dim the light a little bit (or fire up a few candles). You don't have to be a professional dancer - just slowly and sensually remove your clothing, and then your partner's. You can even laugh and joke around a bit if it eases the pressure.
- Give each other slow, sensual massages. Explore every inch of your partner's body with your fingertips. The sexual tension will wind you up like steel springs. The best part? Massage oil not only comes in multiple scents, but some brands are also edible.
- Food and foreplay. Research shows that food and sex share many physiological effects on our brain chemistry. Employing all of our senses, a little food-play can go a long way in the bedroom. Entice your partner with some chocolate, strawberries, or whipped cream, classic romantic foods.
Those who wish to take the Sex Personality Test can go to:
Queendom.com is a subsidiary of PsychTests AIM Inc. Queendom.com is a site that creates an interactive venue for self-exploration with a healthy dose of fun. The site offers a full range of professional-quality, scientifically-validated psychological assessments that empower people to grow and reach their real potential through insightful feedback and detailed, custom-tailored analysis.
About PsychTests AIM Inc:
PsychTests AIM Inc. originally appeared on the internet scene in 1996. Since its inception, it has become a pre-eminent provider of psychological assessment products and services to human resource personnel, therapists, academics, researchers and a host of other professionals around the world. PsychTests AIM Inc. staff is comprised of a dedicated team of psychologists, test developers, researchers, statisticians, writers, and artificial intelligence experts. The company's research division, Plumeus Inc., is supported in part by the Research and Development Tax Credit awarded by Industry Canada.
Ilona Jerabek, Ph.D., President
PsychTests AIM Inc.