Raleigh, NC, February 26, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Monica Smiley, publisher and CEO of Enterprising Women magazine (http://www.enterprisingwomen.com), has announced the list of finalists receiving honorable mentions for the 2012 Enterprising Women of the Year Award, an annual recognition of the top women entrepreneurs from North America and around the world. Both the award finalists and winners will be recognized during a celebratory event held Monday, March 12 and Tuesday, March 13 at the Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale, located at 1 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Fla. This is the tenth anniversary of the gala awards celebration.
All award recipients and finalists must demonstrate they have a profitable, growing business and commitment to industry and community leadership, including the mentoring and support of aspiring women entrepreneurs and other women in business. Many of the women receiving an honorable mention are also involved in organizations that promote women’s entrepreneurship.
The Enterprising Women of the Year finalists are listed below:
· Tarana Nina Gupta, Greenlite Lighting Corporation, Pointe-Claire, Quebec Canada
· Clien Wintzen, Ex’pression College, Emeryville, Calif.
· Linda Gross, Advice, Inc., Sarasota, Fla.
· Kathleen Perkal, Cartoon Cuts, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
· Amira Nehmeh, Neeme Systems Solutions, Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.
· Peggy Gionta, Partner’s Consulting, Inc., Havertown, Pa.
· Josie Umoh, Apex Engineered Solutions, Addison, Texas
· Pat Drake, Fidelity On Call, Ltd., Peoria, Ill.
· Kathy Dawson, Dawson & Dawson Inc., Mission Viejo, Calif.
· Donna Eby, Sanger & Eby, Cincinnati, Ohio
· Carol White, HAMCO Atlanta, Chamblee, Ga.
· Gina Merritt, Northern Real Estate Urban Ventures, LLC, Washington, D.C.
· Elizabeth Colon, Metaphrasis LCS, Frankfort, Ill.
· Adie Horowitz, Licenders, New York, N.Y.
· Patricia Ulrich, Cable Networks, Manassas, Va.
· Maryann Donovan, Impact Personnel, Inc., Norwalk, Conn.
· Juli Erhart-Graves, Worley Erhart-Graves Financial Advisors, Inc., Indianapolis, Ind.
· Lisa Morris, Road Concierge Inc., New York, N.Y.
· Kearn Cherry, PRN Home Care, Biloxi, Miss.
· Ronel Jordaan, Ronel Jordaan Textiles, Randburg, South Africa
· Jodi Pliszka, Pliszka’s Adventures LLC/Headline It!, Muskego, Wis.
· Sridevi Raghavan, Amelio Child Care Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, India
· Suzanne Doyle-Morris, PhD, Female Breadwinners, Pittenweem, Scotland
· Eileen Brown, Amastra Ltd., Essex, United Kingdom
· Susan Heaton Wright, Viva Live Music, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Sponsors of the 2012 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration include: premier level: Office Depot; platinum level: UPS, Coca-Cola, IBM, AT&T, and Walmart/Sam's Club; gold level: American Airlines and PNC Bank.
For more information or to register to attend the 2012 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards celebration, visit http://www.enterprisingwomen.com/EWofYearAwards.htm.
“The Enterprising Women of the Year Class of 2012 consists of women who have moved their companies forward and experienced revenue growth even in a time of economic uncertainty,” said Smiley. “This speaks highly to each honoree’s motivation, dedication and knowledge of their respective industries. Each woman is highly involved in community service and leadership, and has a track record of mentoring businesswomen and serving as a role model to young girls who would like to follow their example.”
New Media Content:
Enterprising Women’s Facebook page:
Enterprising Women’s Twitter feed:
About Enterprising Women Magazine:
Enterprising Women, with headquarters in Cary, N.C., is the nation’s only women-owned magazine published exclusively for women business owners that chronicles the growing political, economic and social influence and power of entrepreneurial women. The magazine provides a friendly meeting place, a public forum and a national stage for the critical issues confronting women’s businesses and daily lives from the unique perspectives and experiences of entrepreneurial women. Published in both print and digital editions, the magazine's digital edition reaches more than 200,000 readers in 50 countries. For more information, please visit http://www.enterprisingwomen.com or call (919) 362-1551.
MMI Public Relations