New York, NY, April 23, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has announced today that Hugh C. Kelly, Principal and National Lead, Bank Regulatory Advisory Group, KPMG LLP will speak at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast entitled: “The Federal Reserve's Proposed Enhanced Prudential Standards for Foreign Banks Explored.” This event is scheduled for June 20, 2013 from 12:00pm – 2:00pm (ET).
For further details, please visit:
About Hugh Kelly
• Over 30 years financial services regulatory and advisory experience, including 26 years with the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) as the Senior Advisor for Global Banking, Global Banking Division Head, and examiner-in-charge of large banking institutions.
• Since 2004, Hugh is KPMG U.S.’s Lead National Partner for Bank Regulatory Advisory Services.
Professional and Industry Experience
• Led numerous projects to assist large financial institutions address bank regulatory safety/soundness and compliance examination requirements.
• Areas of focus include Board governance and enterprise risk management, internal audit, Basel II implementation, operational risk AMA, credit risk, market risk, treasury risk, regulatory reporting, third party risk management (including off-shoring), information security, and cross-border regulatory challenges.
• Assisted a number of U.S. and global institutions with new bank and BHC charters and licenses as well as to meet the regulatory reform requirements from the Dodd-Frank Act (DFA) and regulatory reform.
• Conducted “mock examinations” to prepare clients for bank regulatory examinations and DFA.
• New bank charter and US branch
• Led KPMG’s assistance to BITS and The Financial Services Roundtable on their study on “Reconciliation of Regulatory Overlap for Management and Supervision of Operational Risk” in U.S. Financial Institutions, which identified overlapping regulatory compliance requirements in SOX 404, FDICIA, GLBA 501b and the Basel II AMA Guidance for Operational Risk Management.
• While at OCC, led US regulatory development of Basel II, including Operational Risk AMA rules and guidance for large banks. Co-led Interagency Basel II bank benchmarking reviews of operational risk AMA frameworks.
• Served on several Basel Committee on Banking Supervision working groups and numerous international supervisors committees.
Bank regulatory and examination processes concerning risk management, capital (Basel II), regulatory reporting, operational risk, IT risk management and regulatory compliance, including cross-border “home-host” issues.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
• Frequent speaker and instructor on regulatory compliance, Basel II, ERM, internal audit, operational risk, and technology risk management issues at industry and regulatory conferences.
• Contributor to various Basel Committee on Banking Supervision working group papers.
About KPMG LLP
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We have more than 152,000 outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in 156 countries worldwide.
In December 2012, the Federal Reserve issued the proposed enhanced prudential standards for foreign banking organizations (FBOs) having total global consolidated assets of US$50 billion or more. The proposal, which will go into effect on July 1, 2015, is expected to bring unprecedented and significant changes to the regulation of FBOs with new requirements to address risk management, stress testing, early remediation, liquidity and debt-to-equity limits among others. With the proposed standards to implement a “rebalanced approach” in regulating non-US banks with U.S. operations, large FBOs will be mandated to establish an intermediate holding company (ICH) that will hold all US bank and nonbank subsidiaries and shall be subject to U.S. capital, liquidity and other enhanced prudential standards on a consolidated basis.
The Knowledge Group is producing “The Federal Reserve's Proposed Enhanced Prudential Standards Explored LIVE Webcast,” to help FBOs, multinational banks and other affected financial institutions learn the significant issues surrounding the proposal and its potential impact on their businesses. Our assembled panel of thought leaders will help finance executives understand all the significant issues with respect to this important topic.
This live webcast is a must attend for all finance executives, senior management, corporate lawyers, banking and finance attorneys and other related professionals who need to be in the know with respect to the proposed enhanced prudential standard.
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress was established with the mission to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webinars that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format. To contact or register to an event, please visit: www.knowledgecongress.org