Bend, OR, September 25, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- EventMingle today announced it has been selected as the official online social networking application for EPC Connection, October 2-4, 2007 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Chicago, IL. EPC Connection 2007 is designed to meet the educational, buying and networking needs of executives and technologists looking to leverage Electronic Product Code (EPC) technology to boost sales, cut costs and improve the way their companies do business.
For EPC Connection 2007, EventMingle has created a custom online community for their attendees, speakers, exhibitors and press called RFIDconnect.com. You can find it on the web at http://www.RFIDconnect.com.
RFIDconnect offers participants these features:
• Matching and Collaboration Tools – RFIDconnect will match attendees, speakers and exhibitors based on their personal profile and goals for the event. RFIDconnect promotes networking among all participants.
• Internal E-mail System – Attendees, speakers and exhibitors will use RFIDconnect's built-in e-mail system to communicate without revealing personal contact information.
• Meeting Planner – Attendees, speakers and exhibitors use RFIDconnect to network online, exchange information and ultimately schedule appointments with each other resulting in a more productive event for all participants.
• To-Do Manager – Attendees can use the built-in to-do manager to help organize which Exhibitors they plan to visit, breakout sessions they want to attend, special events they want to attend and people they want to network with.
• Advanced Search Features - Participants can search for people based on location, title and interests. Attendees also can meet other people who plan to attend a specific conference session or Exhibitor. Exhibitors can connect with attendees interested in their specific products and services, find Speakers who are covering their products and can also identify other Exhibitors who would make a good business partner.
• Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory - Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current news releases, prizes and giveaway items, scheduled booth events & speakers and a complete listing of people planning to work in the booth. Exhibitors also can give attendees the ability to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
• Press Center - Attendees can use the RFIDconnect portal to view all recent news releases from exhibiting companies.
• Message Forums - The message forums allow people to discuss exhibitors, news releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
“Event Mingle helped us create an online community, which added value for attendees for RFID Journal LIVE! 2007, enabling buyers and sellers to make the connections they come to our events for. Thus, we've decided to work with them for EPC Connection 2007 and RFID Journal LIVE! 2008,” said Mark Roberti, founder and editor of RFID Journal.
“We’re very pleased to be working again with RFID Journal to build their custom event-based community for EPC Connection enabling their attendees, speakers and exhibitors to login and start networking immediately. It’s great to be working with people on the cutting edge of this exciting technology as it enters mainstream America,” said Jim Harrer, co-founder of EventMingle.
About EPC Connection
EPC Connection 2007 is designed to meet the educational, buying and networking needs of executives and technologists looking to leverage EPC technology to boost sales, cut costs and improve the way their companies do business.
About EPCglobal North America
EPCglobal North America™ serves Subscribers in the United States and Canada to help foster the adoption of the EPCglobal Network® and related technology. The EPCglobal Network combines Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology, existing communications network infrastructure, and the Electronic Product Code™ (a number for uniquely identifying an item) to enable accurate, cost-efficient visibility of information in the supply chain. The end result helps organizations be more efficient, flexible, and responsive to customer needs. To learn more, please visit www.EPCglobalNA.org.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information about radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision-makers worldwide—in print, online and at face-to-face events. To learn more, please visit http://www.rfidjournal.com
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior, during and after the event. EventMingle improves networking among all participants while helping participants create an “action plan” prior to leaving for the event. EventMingle was launched in December 2005.
EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Bend, Oregon. See http://www.EventMingle.com for more info.
For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980.