San Francisco, CA, June 29, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The global Distribution Control Systems (DCS) market is expected to reach USD 20.39 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increased DCS use in industrial applications such as power generation, water and waste water, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, chemicals, and paper and pulp is expected to drive the market over the forecast period. Growing demand for power has resulted in the set up of new power generation stations and upgradation of existing ones by various governments, which is expected to favorably impact DCS demand.
Cost effectiveness, development of open source DCS and ability of implementation in hazardous environments are further expected to boost market growth. Need for technical expertise and lack of differentiation among specific DCS products are expected to pose a challenge for industry participants over the next six years.
The report “Distributed Control Systems Market Analysis By Product (Hardware, Software and Services), By End-Use Industry (Chemical, Metal and Mining, Oil and Gas, Pharmaceutical, Power, Pulp and Paper, Water and Waste Water Treatment Industry) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/distributed-control-systems-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• DCS software dominated the global market and accounted for over 60% of the overall market share in 2013. This is primarily due to need for system upgradation by existing distributed control systems. DCS hardware is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period due to increased Greenfield projects in Asia Pacific.
• Oil and gas was the largest end-use industry in 2013 and accounted for over 24% of the overall market share due to increased demand for technologically advanced systems for controlling and monitoring activities, enabling higher production. The use of DCS in the power industry is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
• Asia Pacific is expected to be the market leader over the next six years, and contributed 31.5% to the global market revenue in 2013. It is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2014 to 2020, mainly on account of increased demand for small distributed control systems due to price sensitivity among consumers in the region.
• Companies operating in the market include ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd, Rockwell Automation Inc., GE Electric, Honeywell International Inc, Emerson Electric Co., Toshiba International Corp. and Invensys Plc.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global distributed control systems market on the basis of product, end-use industry and region:
• Distribution Control Systems Product Outlook (Revenue, 2012 – 2020)
• Distribution Control Systems End-Use Industry Outlook (Revenue, 2012 – 2020)
• Metal and Mining
• Oil and Gas
• Pulp and Paper
• Water and Waste Water Treatment
• Distribution Control Systems Regional Outlook (Revenue, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Browse Here For Inquiry before buying: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/61