San Francisco, CA, June 29, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The global market for medical polymers is expected to reach USD 17.05 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing substitution of conventional materials such as glass and metals in medical devices by high performance polymers such as PVC and polypropylene coupled with growing demand for medical devices from the fast developing Asian healthcare market is expected to drive medical polymer demand over the next six years. In addition, growing geriatric population is expected to further boost the demand for polymer based devices in minimally invasive surgeries resulting in increased demand for medical polymers.
Devices and equipments were the largest application markets, accounting for over 2,000 kilo tons of medical polymer demand in 2013. Growing medical tourism due to low cost labor and advanced facilitates in emerging healthcare destinations of India, China, Malaysia and Singapore is expected to have positive impact on the market over the forecast period. Medical polymers are also extensively used in medical packaging applications owing to its superior properties and accounted for 2,271.3 kilo tons of demand in 2013.
The report “Medical Polymers Market Analysis By Product (Resins & Fibers, Elastomers, Biodegradable Plastics), By Application (Devices and Equipments, Packaging) and Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-polymers-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Medical polymer demand was 4,901.1 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 7,149.8 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2014 to 2020.
• Fibers & resins were the largest product segment, with demand of 4,254.4 kilo tons in 2013 due to substitution of traditional materials used in devices, equipment and packaging by fibers and resins such as polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene, polyurethane and polystyrene.
• North America was the largest regional market for medical polymers, with revenue exceeding USD 4.18 billion in 2013. The presence of advanced medical and healthcare facility in the region was a key contributor to the high demand. In addition, the region is also expected to witness significant growth at an estimated CAGR of 8.1% from 2014 to 2020.
• Packaging applications are expected to witness fastest growth, at an estimated CAGR of 6.0% from 2014 to 2020. Packaging of syringes, tablets and other drugs takes place using polymers due to superior properties such as low weight, application specific performance and biodegradability which is expected to drive demand in this application.
• Key companies in the market include BASF S.E, Bayer Material Science AG, Celanese Corporation, DSM N.V, E.I. DuPont de Numeros Company, Eastman Chemical, Evonik Industries AG, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Dow Chemical Company, Huizhou Foryou Medical Device Co Ltd, Kraton Performance Polymers Inc. and others.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global medical polymer market on the basis of product, application and region:
• Medical Polymer Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Resins & Fibers
• Polyvinyl chloride
• Others (Nylon, PET, PA, PC, ABS)
• Styrene block copolymer
• Rubber latex
• Others (TPU, TPO, TPV)
• Biodegradable Plastics
• Medical Polymer Applications Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Medical Devices & Equipments
• Medical Packaging
• Others (Cardio, Tissue Culture)
• Medical Polymer Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Browse Here For all category: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins