Houston, TX, July 11, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- LiceDoctors Head Lice Treatment and Nit Removal Service in Houston, Texas and all surrounding areas knows that the summer months are the beginning of peak lice season which puts families at extra risk period of picking up a case of head lice and sharing it with friends and family. Parents often live in fear of these itchy blood-sucking critters. LiceDoctors offers parents tips on how to avoid getting and transmitting head lice:
* Before you send your child to a playdate or to camp, do a quick check on his or her head. Take a plastic comb and divide the hair into sections and try to view the sections from different angles. Note: outdoors light helps to see lice and nits more clearly.
* If you find eggs attached to the hair, you have to extract them by combing and handpicking them. In many cases, the drug store and Rx shampoos will not eradicate the problems as the lice have developed a resistance to the chemicals.
* If you are unsure of what to do or are overwhelmed by the number of nits/lice you find in the home, you should call a lice expert with a long history of experience in the field.
* If you find signs of lice or nits in your child's hair, they recommend that you alert families who have been in close contact with your child so that child can take be checked and treated, for that child's benefit as well as your child's.
* To prevent a case of lice, use a repellent or gel on your child to make to put a protective layer around the hair which will in turn make it much more difficult for the lice to get to the scalp to feed.
* Make sure the hair is braided or up. The hair should be as close to the head as possible.
* Children should avoid putting their heads together. Bugs crawl from head to head; they do not fly. Head to head contact is by far the most common way to communicate lice.
* Remember, lice can live on objects for a day or so, so it is best not to share brushes and hats.
* For children who have camp overnights or sleep-overs at friend's houses, it is advisable to bring your own pillow so as not to pick up anything left on someone else's pillow.
LiceDoctors located in Houston, Texas is one of the nation's largest companies specializing in treatment for head lice, treating families in 70 geographical areas from coast to coast. In Texas, LiceDoctors' service is also provided to families in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso. The LiceDoctors' treatment protocol was developed over 18 years ago by its medical director, is all-natural, and comes with a full guarantee. Each of their lice operators undergoes an intensive training and is dispatched directly to the privacy of the clients’ homes. Call 713-966-6116 in Houston for further information.