Ealing, London, United Kingdom, August 11, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Global Approach and New Approach Directives
New approach directives define ‘essential requirements’ related to health, safety and environmental issues and are fulfilled through the path of harmonized European standards. New approach directives include Personal Protective Equipment, Toy safety and gas appliances. The Global approach is based on general guidelines and detailed procedures for conformity assessment of products prior to their marketing. The Blue guide has been the main source of reference for the implementation of legislation based on the New Approach, now covered by the New Legislative Framework (NLF).
Blue Guide 2014 Edition
The 2014 edition has been updated to cover new developments including the common understanding of the New Legislative Framework for the marketing of products.
The new version of the guide includes new chapters such as the obligations of economic operators and revised chapters such as standardization and market surveillance.
With the inclusion of the New Legislative Framework, the guide is also likely to be used by all types of Union harmonized legislation and not only the ‘New Approach’ directives.
Blue Guide Content
The guide contains chapters on the following;
- Regulating the free movement of goods,
- When does Union harmonization legislation on products apply?
- The actors in the product supply chain and their obligations,
- Product requirements,
- Conformity assessment,
- Market surveillance,
- Free movement of products within the EU,
- International aspects on the EU legislation on products,
* EU legislation referred to in the guide
* Additional guidance documents
* Useful web addresses
* Conformity assessment procedures
* Relations between ISO 9000 and modules requiring a quality assurance system
* Using harmonized standards to assess the competence of conformity assessment bodies.
* Frequently asked questions on CE marking
The Blue guide can be downloaded from the EU Enterprise and Industry website Blue Guide (http://ec.europa.eu/DocsRoom/documents/4942/attachments/1/translations/en/renditions/pdf).
About SGS Consumer Products Safety Testing Services
Throughout a global network, SGS offers consultation and comprehensive testing services covering the full spectrum of international product safety and regulatory standard for a wide range of consumer products (http://www.sgs.com/en/Consumer-Goods-Retail).
To know more about the SGS services, please contact a company’s expert.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.