Local Lice Company Advises Birmingham Families to be on the Look-Out for Head Lice as Families Gather for the Holiday Season
End of the year festivities are great as families all over Birmingham convene for the holiday season. There are, however, often unwanted visitors called head lice that can interfere with the family fun. LiceDoctors Lice Treatment and Nit Removal Service offers tips to families on how to protect themselves from lice and what to do if you find them this season.
Unfortunately, LiceDoctors advises that chemical treatments are often ineffective as the lice have mutated and become highly resistant. The good news is there are all-natural methods which are 100% effective in treating the lice infestation. During this peak lice season, it’s important to be educated about head lice so you can help prevent them and identify them early if precautions fail. LiceDoctors Head Lice Treatment Service offers families the following tips:
· Some people have no symptoms of head lice, not even an itchy scalp, so it is important to check your child regularly to see if you see any nits in the hair.
· Before attending any holiday parties, spend a few minutes checking hair with a bright lamp to see if you find anything translucent stuck to the hair. Nits are look brownish, as they are translucent, housing a bug inside. They are glued to the hair and do not flake off like dandruff nor are they white like hair casts. Bugs have six legs and they crawl; they don’t fly.
· Children with long hair should wear their hair up in a braid or bun. The less accessible that the hair is, the more difficult it is for the bugs to get into it.
· Apply gel, mousse or spray or a peppermint lice repellent in your child’s hair. These products put a protective layer on the hair, which makes it more difficult for the bug to attach to the hair.
· Bring your own pillows if you are spending the night with friends or extended family. Sleep overs are common venues for passing along lice infestations.
· If you will be spending a prolonged amount of time with family or friends, then encourage your children to avoid sharing items including hairbrushes, combs, hats, scarves, towels, sleeping bags, etc.
· If you find your child has head lice, you can attempt to treat it yourself. Comb through the hair while wet. After combing, pull out any remaining nits. In order to eradicate a case of head lice, you must remove every nit. If you leave one or two nits in the hair, the case will start all over again. Heads are infested, on average, two-four weeks before you discover you’ve got lice
· Keep in mind that lice infestations are sometimes difficult to diagnose as the eggs blend into the hair and the lice move very quickly. If you leave one louse or a couple of eggs in the hair, your probelm will contineu to get worse. A lice infestation will not spontaneoulsy recede.
·If you feel that a lice professional would be helpful, give LiceDoctors a call and we can come to your home at your convenience and get rid of your head lice. We guarantee it. Make sure whichever company you call gives you a 100% guarantee on their head lice removal service.
LiceDoctors treatment protocol was developed nearly 20 years ago by its medical director, Dr. Stephen Beck. It is all-natural, and has a 99.9% track record. No other treatment option can boast that kind of history and success rate of treating over 125,000 happy clients. Each lice technician undergoes an intensive training and is dispatched directly to the privacy of the clients’ homes. In Birmingham, Alabama call 205-598-2117 or go to www.licedoctors.com for further information. We come to your home day or night, every day of the year.