New York, NY, April 19, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, brings together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two -hour webcasts. It has scheduled a live webcast entitled: “Significant Issues in Distressed Debt and Restructurings Explored: 2015 Update Live Webcast.” This two-hour event is scheduled on July 22, 2015 from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm (ET).
This course will focus on significant current issues relating to corporate restructuring and bankruptcy. Our panel of thought leaders and practitioners will provide a refresher on basic concepts as well as commentary on recent developments. The panel will include discussion of judicial decisions, major chapter 11 cases and the tax aspects of restructuring transactions.
The live seminar will address the following topics, among others:
- Recent decisions relating to prepayment clauses, including EFH and Momentive
- Recent decisions relating to secured creditor rights and remedies
- Recent developments in fraudulent transfer law, including attempts by estate representatives to invoke the powers of the IRS
- D&O Insurance in chapter 11 cases
- The Trust Indenture Act and out-of-court restructurings
- Tax issues, including NOLs and cancellation of indebtedness
Richard M. Nugent, Partner, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Emil A. Kleinhaus, Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
Robert J. Boller, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
For further event details, please visit: http://theknowledgegroup.org/event_name/significant-issues-in-distressed-debt-and-restructurings-explored-2015-update-live-webcast/
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress brings together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcasts that study the impact of changing regulations and help businesses succeed through proper regulatory compliance.