Hong Kong, China, May 23, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Proposal Amends Food Contact Materials Decree
On April 22, 2015, the European Commission published Notification Number 2015/213/I, a proposal intended to be adopted by Italy, to amend the Health Ministry Decree of March 21, 1973 on food contact stainless steels. The proposal is intended to replace Article 37 of the Health Ministry Decree of March 21, 1973, on food contact steels. It defines:
- Methods for overall migration.
- Methods for the specific migration of chromium, nickel and manganese.
- Conditions to be fulfilled for articles intended to come into prolonged contact at room temperature.
- Conditions for reusable articles that are intended for short periods with heat or at room temperature.
- Conditions for reusable cooking and dining cutting implements that are intended for short periods with heat or at room temperature.
- Conditions for reusable articles that are intended to be in contact with water for short periods with heat or at room temperature.
- Specific migration limits for chromium (III), nickel and manganese for articles in this proposal.
Highlights of the proposal are summarized in a table within the latest SGS Safeguards bulletin (http://newsletter.sgs.com/eNewsletterPro/uploadedimages/000006/sgs-safeguards-07015-italy-new-requirements-food-contact-stainless-a4-en-15.pdf).
- Notification 98/34/EC (http://ec.europa.eu/growth/tools-databases/tris/en/about-the-9834/the-notification-procedure-in-brief1/)
- Notification Number 2015/213/I (http://ec.europa.eu/growth/tools-databases/tris/en/index.cfm/search/?trisaction=search.detail&year=2015&num=213&mLang=en&CFID=50673&CFTOKEN=8dbb311ef11f5cfc-4135F6E8-064B-9592-0788CDE9081A5FDC)
About SGS Consumer Products Safety
Throughout its global network of laboratories, SGS is able to provide a range of services, including analytical testing and consultancy, for restricted substances in food contact products (http://www.sgs.com/en/Consumer-Goods-Retail/Hardgoods/Home-Furnishings-and-Houseware/Testing/Food-Contact-Tests.aspx) for Italy and international markets.
Please do not hesitate to contact an SGS expert for further information.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.