Noida, India, September 17, 2015 --(PR.com
)-- Methanol is a volatile, flammable and colorless liquid which is highly toxic in nature. Often abbreviated as MeOH, methanol represents the simplest alcohol with the chemical formula CH3OH. Earlier (till 1920’s), the dry distillation of wood was the only method for methanol production. Today, methanol is predominantly produced by the reforming of natural gas with steam and then converting and distilling the resulting synthesized gas mixture to create pure methanol.
Methanol is a versatile chemical that finds applications in two main industries- chemicals and energy. Its three major downstream products related to the chemical industry are: acetic acid, formaldehyde and DMT (Dimethyl Terephthalate) which together consume around half of its total global production. The first two derivatives (acetic acid and formaldehyde) have well diversified applications in adhesives for plywood, particle board and laminates; in resins to treat plastic and paper; in paints and varnish removers; in solvents for the textile industry; in polyester fibers for clothing and carpeting, etc. In the shipping industry, methanol serves as an environmentally friendly and affordable alternative to heavy fuel oil by reducing CO2 emissions. Among the energy related applications of methanol, gasoline blending, biodiesel and production of DME (Dimethyl Ether) & MTBE (Methyl-Tertiary-Butyl-Ether) are the segments with a great potential in the coming years.
IMARC’s new TMMR “Methanol Technical Material Market Report” provides a technical, analytical and statistical insight into the methanol market. The market analysis includes volume trends, value trends, price trends, key players, market breakup by region, market breakup by end-use industries, key success factors, key risk factors, feedstock market trends, import trends, export trends, etc. Apart from the market analysis, the report also provides an exhaustive technical insight on methanol. This includes chemical information, manufacturing process, chemical reactions involved, raw material requirements, mass balance, conversion rate of feedstocks, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
· What has been the historical and current volume trends in the methanol market?
· What has been the historical and current value trends in the methanol market?
· What has been the historical and current price trends in the methanol market?
· Which are the key regions in the methanol market and what is their breakup?
· Which are the key end-use industries for methanol and what is their breakup?
· What is the outlook of the methanol market?
· What are the key success factors in the methanol market?
· What are the key risk factors in the methanol market?
· Who are the key manufacturers in the methanol market?
· How is methanol manufactured?
· What are the chemical reactions involved during the manufacturing of methanol?
· What are the raw material requirements during the manufacturing of methanol?
· What is the mass balance and conversion rates of feedstocks during the manufacturing of methanol?
· What is the supply demand of various feedstocks that are used in the manufacturing of methanol?
· Who are the key manufacturers of methanol feedstocks?
· What are the import trends of methanol?
· What are the export trends of methanol?
To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:
IMARC Group Asia:
IMARC Group North America:
IMARC Group Europe, Middle East & Africa:
To know more please visit: http://www.imarcgroup.com/methanol-technical-material-market-report