Ann Arbor, MI, April 01, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces that CIMdata’s Innovation Engagement & Governance Knowledge Council will present a workshop on the topic of “Where do Good Ideas come from—strategies and tools to innovate better and grow faster and more efficiently in today’s connected economy.” The workshop will take place at the Biltmore Inn and Suites in Santa Clara, California on May 25, 2016.
The workshop is the must-attend event for industrial organizations and solution providers who are interested in innovation engagement and governance. It will provide attendees with independent experiences from industrial companies and a collaborative networking environment where ideas, trends, experiences, and critical relationships germinate and take root. The workshop will be facilitated by CIMdata’s Director for Collaborative Innovation & Social Product Development Consulting, Dr. Suna Polat.
Key topics to be discussed at the workshop include:
• Best practices and lessons learned for generating better insights and ideas.
• A collaborative gaming approach designed to envision the future and inspire new ideas for innovation.
• The practices and tools for Open Innovation that accelerate decision making while reducing intellectual property and regulatory risks.
• A methodology to assess your (or your competitor's) organizational capacity for innovation and strategies to improve it.
• Methodologies that inspire novel ideas for technical problem solving.
• The strategies, methods, and tools that lead to better insights and ideas for different aspects of innovation, e.g., sensing new trends, imagining future possibilities, finding external solutions, or solving critical technical and commercial problems.
• Ways to assess and improve organizational capacity for innovation.
• The classes of solutions that are essential for an enterprise to achieve its innovation goals.
• How Product Lifecycle Management, as a business innovation platform, continues to evolve to create competitive advantage in today’s connected economy.
Commenting on the workshop, Dr. Polat said, “Ideation” is often used synonymously with “innovation,” and also it is a term typically associated with the “Front End” of innovation where new offerings (products and services) and targets (consumers and markets) are proposed and evaluated. However, considering all the technical and commercial problems that have to be solved before a new insight or idea is realized in the market place, “ideation” is an activity that is repeated across the product development process. Any enterprise that aspiring to innovate better, has to develop “ideation” as a core competency with appropriate internal and external networks that they can involve in their ideation, facilitated with robust processes and tools.”
For more information on the workshop visit the CIMdata website at: http://www.cimdata.com/en/education/knowledge-council-workshops/innovation-workshop-2016.
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and providers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia- Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata’s services, visit our website at www.CIMdata.com, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CIMdataPLMNews, or contact CIMdata at: 3909 Research Park Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA, Tel: +1 734.668.9922. Fax: +1 734.668.1957; or at Oogststraat 20, 6004 CV Weert, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 (0) 495.533.666.