Ann Arbor, MI, April 22, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- CIMdata, Inc., the leading global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the expansion of its Simulation-Driven Systems Development (SDSD) consulting practice with the immediate addition of Mr. Frank Popielas.
“We are extremely pleased that Frank Popielas will be joining CIMdata as an Executive Consultant in the SDSD practice, working closely with Dr. Keith Meintjes (Executive Consultant, Simulation & Analysis) and Don Tolle (Director, Simulation-Driven Systems Development Practice) along with other senior staff members to expand CIMdata’s overall management consulting capabilities,” stated Peter Bilello, CIMdata’s President. Mr. Bilello continued, “Frank brings to CIMdata over 20 years of global experience in product engineering, R&D, and IP management, as well as testing and materials development, with a specific focus on the development and application of multi-physics and multi-domain modeling and simulation tools. This has included the definition and implementation of the required supporting IT infrastructure for simulation data and process management at Dana Holding Corporation. His expertise includes technology exchange and transfer, business assessments in engineering and manufacturing, focusing on virtual product engineering, as well as process development and democratization of software applications in this area.”
Mr. Popielas has been a member of the NAFEMS Americas Steering Committee since 2011 and the founding chairman of the joint System Modeling and Simulation Working Group (SMSWG) between NAFEMS and INCOSE since 2013. His activities and achievements include over 35 granted patents globally on the areas of sealing, shielding and fuel cells; over 30 publications globally covering all the mentioned areas with the main focus in the past decade on virtual product engineering, its tools and practices; numerous presentations and speaking engagements at industry conferences and various companies; interviews, case studies, and teaching engagements at high schools and community colleges.
Mr. Popielas was born in Germany, and received his MSc degree in Engineering, majoring in Theoretical Physics, from the Technological University (MIS&A – Institute for Steels and Alloys) in Moscow, Russia. Frank is fluent in English, German, and Russian.
Within the expanded SDSD consulting practice, CIMdata offers a broad portfolio of management and engineering consulting services for industrial organizations, as well as for PLM software and service providers and their partners who offer systems simulation, analysis/CAE, and model-based systems engineering solutions. A representative subset of these services and deliverables includes:
• Defining and implementing organizational best practices for model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and simulation lifecycle management within the construct of enterprise PLM processes.
• Assessing the technology, process, and organizational maturity levels for exploiting advancements in systems modeling and simulation solutions and related MBSE implementation strategies.
• Providing practical technology implementation recommendations and on-going governance guidance to industrial manufacturing firms.
• Enabling the broader adoption of MBSE strategies and physics-based systems simulation technologies beyond the current early adopters in the aerospace/defense and automotive industries.
• Providing thought leadership by supporting research that promotes the adoption and growth of best-in-class MBSE software applications and related tool-neutral data interoperability standards.
• Workshops to facilitate education and collaboration between industry and solution providers.
• Developing and validating MBSE technology roadmaps for industry with ROI benefit models for the deployment of proven, best-in-class processes and technologies.
• Strategic business reviews and product portfolio planning including identification of growth via organic R&D investment as well as business mergers and niche technology acquisitions.
• Support of software solution marketing initiatives based on targeted market research of industry trends, end user requirements, and competitive gap analysis.
The SDSD consulting practice will continue to leverage CIMdata’s more than thirty years serving both industry and solution providers with management consulting, market research and analysis, and best practices education. For more information, contact CIMdata at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +1 734.668.9922.
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and suppliers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata’s services, visit our website at www.CIMdata.com, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CIMdataPLMNews, or contact CIMdata at: 3909 Research Park Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA, Tel: +1 734.668.9922. Fax: +1 734.668.1957; or at Oogststraat 20, 6004 CV Weert, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 (0) 495.533.666.