London, United Kingdom, November 18, 2016 --(PR.com
)-- As political uncertainty and conflict around the world continues to fuel international terrorism and the global migration crisis, policy makers and practitioners from border management, immigration, customs, policing and security organisations will gather in strategically important city of Casablanca, Morocco, to discuss the issues, gain insight, collaborate and cooperate to make our borders safer and more secure.
As part of the high-level discussion, Peter van den Berg, President of the European Association of Airport & Seaport Police, will speak in the session "Building Coherent Global Border Management Response Against Illegal Migration and International Terrorism" discussing the EAASP perspective on maritime and aviation challenges in detecting and preventing terrorists and criminal activity and how to encourage cooperation between the communities for the development of improved security measures.
Controlling and managing international borders in the 21st Century continues to challenge the border control and immigration agencies around the world. It is generally agreed that in a globalised world borders should be as open as possible, but threats continue to remain in ever evolving circumstances and situations.
Other speakers at the World Border Security Congress include:
· Samy Gardemeister, Director of Enforcement, Finnish Customs, Finland
· Alvaro Rodriguez-Gaya, Head of Strategy and Outreach – European Migrant Smuggling Centre, EUROPOL
· Dr Anthony Luka Elumelu, Head of Division Free Movement & Migration, ECOWAS Commission
· Simon Deignan, Counter Terrorism Officer, OSCE
· Rear Admiral Enrico Credendino, Commander, EU Naval Force Mediterranean
· Rear Admiral Dr Hatem Albesher, Assistant of the General Department Director for Legal Affairs & International Cooperation, Saudi Border Guards and Chairman, Saudi Maritime Center for Consultations and Services, Saudi Arabia
· Peter Nilsson, Project Manager, Border Police Division, AIRPOL
· Muhammed Babandede MFR, Comptroller General, Nigeria Immigration Service, Nigeria
· Lieutenant-Colonel Olga Derkach PhD, Senior Officer, International cooperation and Eurointegration Department, State Border Guard Service of Ukraine
· Lieutenant-General Vasyl Servatiuk, The First Deputy Head, State Border Guard Service of Ukraine
The World Border Security Congress is the premier multi-jurisdictional transnational platform where the border protection, management and security industry policy-makers and practitioners convene annually to discuss the international challenges faced in protecting borders.
The event is supported by the Ministry of Interior of Morocco, Organization for Security & Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), European Association of Airport & Seaport Police, International Security Industry Organisation, National Security & Resilience Consortium and International Association of CIP Professionals.
World Border Security Congress will be held in Morocco 21-23 March 2017.
Please add World Border Security Congress to your events calendar.
For more details about the event go to: http://world-border-congress.com/