New York, NY, May 27, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, announced today that it has scheduled a live webcast entitled: UCC Article 9: Navigating Secured Transactions in 2017 and Beyond. This one-hour event is scheduled on June 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (ET).
The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) sets forth rules governing secured transactions and how security interests are attached and perfected against personal property owned by a debtor. UCC practitioners must know the potential pitfalls and exercise due diligence to ensure security interests attach, are properly perfected and priority over other creditor claims is maintained.
In this live Webcast, a panel of thought leaders and practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group will discuss the fundamentals of acquiring security interests, including the attachment and perfection of a security interest, pitfalls encountered with secret or competing liens on UCC collateral and other foreclosure-related issues. Speakers will also cover common default and enforcement issues and review recent case law developments in these areas.
Key topics include:
· Fundamental Rules of UCC Article 9;
· What Is Attachment of a Security Interest;
· What Is Perfection Of A Security Interest And How Is It Accomplished;
· Drafting the Security Agreement;
· Identifying and Assessing Secret or Competing Liens;
· Common Default and Enforcement Issues:
- Repossession of collateral;
- Notification of Sale – What is it, why is it necessary and to whom is it sent;
- Issues Regarding Commercial Reasonableness; and
- Acceptance of collateral in full or partial acceptance of debt.
· Penalties for failure to comply with Article 9;
· Recent Revisions to Article 9; and
· Developments in Recent Case Law
Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP
Winthrop Couchot Golubow Hollander, LLP
Richard H. Golubow
For an updated list of the faculty panel, please visit:
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Group, LLC brings together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcasts that study the impact of changing regulations and help businesses succeed through proper regulatory compliance.
Visit http://theknowledgegroup.org/ for further information and inquiry.