New York, NY, May 30, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has announced today that Kenneth Miller, a Partner at Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, will speak at the Knowledge Group’s webcast entitled: “UCC Article 9: Navigating Secured Transactions in 2017 and Beyond.” This event is scheduled for June 15, 2017 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (ET).
For further details, please visit:
About Kenneth Miller
Kenneth Miller is a Partner in Ervin Cohen & Jessup’s Real Estate, Litigation, and Bankruptcy practices. Mr. Miller specializes in representing lenders, borrowers, landlords, and tenants in complex real and personal property transactions, workouts, litigation and bankruptcy matters. His successes include not merely victories in state, federal and bankruptcy courts, but also many successful “out of court” work-outs concerning both tangible personal property and intangible, intellectual property. He also has experience in developing customized models with the management and in-house counsel of his clients to obtain outstanding results on matters in which knowledge of several different disciplines and areas of law are critical for success.
About Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP
On the surface, it can be difficult to tell one law firm from another. Once you get closer, however, you find that firms have different philosophies, different approaches to the practice of law and different levels of commitment to clients. In fact, the distinctions can be extraordinary.
Unless you have been a client of Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, it is hard to fully appreciate what sets it apart from other law firms.
Philosophy of Service
· At Ervin, Cohen & Jessup, we believe that just as important as what we do is how we do it. Since 1953, our attorneys have practiced law with:
· A commitment to excellence. Our lawyers bring business acumen, experience and professional integrity to their practices. They are widely respected for their expertise in varied fields and their creative approaches to problem-solving for clients.
· A practical, can-do approach. Our lawyers approach client issues with a good dose of pragmatism and an eye toward the bottom line. They look for solutions that work in practice, not just theory-solutions that produce results quickly and cost-effectively or that avoid problems altogether.
· A devotion to client service. Good service is in the eye of the beholder, of course, but each lawyer at our firm takes pride on the strong personal relationships they build with clients. Because of our firm's structure, clients receive partner-level attention and a high level of responsiveness.
As a result, Ervin, Cohen & Jessup has become one of the premier law firms in Southern California.
The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) sets forth rules governing secured transactions and how security interests are attached and perfected against personal property owned by a debtor. UCC practitioners must know the potential pitfalls and exercise due diligence to ensure security interests attach, are properly perfected and priority over other creditor claims is maintained.
In this live webcast, a panel of thought leaders and practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group will discuss the fundamentals of acquiring security interest, including the attachment and perfection of a security interest, pitfalls encountered with secret or competing liens on UCC collateral and other foreclosure-related issues. Speakers will also cover common default and enforcement issues and review recent case law developments in these areas.
Key topics include:
· Fundamental Rules of UCC Article 9;
· What Is Attachment of a Security Interest;
· What Is Perfection Of A Security Interest And How Is It Accomplished;
· Drafting the Security Agreement;
· Identifying and Assessing Secret or Competing Liens
· Common Default and Enforcement Issues:
- Repossession of collateral;
- Notification of Sale – What is it, why is it necessary and to whom is it sent;
- Issues Regarding Commercial Reasonableness;
- Acceptance of collateral in full or partial acceptance of debt;
· Penalties for failure to comply with Article 9.
· Recent Revisions to Article 9; and
· Developments in Recent Case Law
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Group was established with the mission to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webinars that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format. To contact or register to an event, please visit: http://theknowledgegroup.org