Santa Fe Springs, CA, August 05, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- DubbelSpace (dubbelspace.com)—which launched in July in the Los Angeles market—has gone national.
DubbelSpace is the latest hyper-focused leasing platform that connects businesses with extra workspace to start-ups/entrepreneurs needing space—removing intimidating barriers of the leasing world. DubbelSpace focuses mainly on creating co-working or shared workspace, flexible workspace, event space, subleases and the connections those leases can bring. Think small businesses, entrepreneurs, traveling professionals, start-ups, collaborative companies, art shows, and pop-up events.
Here is how it works: Landlords or business owners already operating within a space list on DubbelSpace available square footage, be it a desk, a private office, even 400 square feet within in a 5,000-square-foot warehouse. DubbleSpace’s approachable interface then allows prospective tenants to search the database for location, use, and size. It is ideal for tenants who need space without the usual limits of a traditional lease.
“The main idea for DubbelSpace is to put any extra space to work,” said Scott Bushaw, CEO of DubbelSpace. “Doubling the use of an existing space can open a world of creative possibilities for both sides of that equation, meaning current owners and new users, while creating greater efficiency and reducing overhead and expenses. We are particularly seeing a lot of potential in manufacturing locally-produced goods.”
DubbelSpace specializes in all property types. Below are suggested categories with examples of uses:
- Office – Short-/medium-term sublease space; desk space in collaborative office.
- Retail - Pop up store in existing retail space; floor and shelf space for new product.
- Industrial – Manufacturing/industrial/business storage - inventory goods; industrial lots for special and seasonal events.
- Commercial land – farming, solar arrays, battery backup utilities.
- Service industry – Foodservice (catering headquarters, kitchens, test kitchens); beauty industry (chairs and other available space for events).
- Restaurant – Pop up restaurant space; complementary products or food stalls within restaurant or food retail store.
- Creative space – Space available for specialty uses, such as dark room for photography; artist’s studio; filming locations.
- Event/entertainment space – Weddings, parties, company retreats and workshops, educational events and seminars; fitness classes.
DubbelSpace also connects start-ups with other like-minded professionals, creating the start of what could be a collaboration to sign a lease in the perfect location, a symbiotic relationship for both companies and reducing start-up costs right from the get-go.
“'Dubbel' is the Swedish word for double or dual, and 'Space' takes on the meaning of any workspace. That is how DubbelSpace got its name,” said Bushaw. “Its origins come from the fact that companies, entrepreneurs and the technology of today allow our world to do so much more with less space.”
DubbelSpace is a new approach to creating and managing co-working space. It allows businesses/owners to list any underutilized space for lease—even within an existing business—creating a new revenue stream for the landlord, while procuring a space that a startup, freelancer or creative could put to great use. DubbelSpace also facilitates connections between symbiotic businesses and entrepreneurs that are either starting out or that can generate great products and ideas together.