Ann Arbor, MI, February 17, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the agenda topics for its PLM Road Map™ 2018 North America conference (PLM Road Map NA) which will be held in collaboration with PDT North America. Both events will take place May 15-17 at the Marriott Hotel, Tysons Corner, VA which is near Washington D.C. The theme for this year's event is "Charting the Course to PLM Value Together: Expanding the Value Footprint of PLM and Tackling PLM's Persistent Pain Points."
Using a format that will offer a series of plenary and breakout sessions designed to facilitate conversations between conference speakers and conference participants, PLM Road Map NA will bring together the perspectives of leading thinkers from aerospace & defense, automotive, and other industries who are expanding the value footprint of PLM and who are tackling the pain points that erode PLM's value potential.
Over the course of the two-days, presentations will be made on the following critical topics:
- The State of the PLM Industry: Why the C-Suite is Not Happy
- What is Needed to Achieve Value from PLM? New Value Potential from Synergies of Digitalization and PLM
- Creating Value When PLM and ERP Work Together
- Multiple Views into the Bill of Information
- Model-based Definition and Minimum Digital Thread
- Industrialization of Additive Manufacturing: From Novelties to Production Parts
- Rip & Replace or Embrace & Extend to Enable a PLM Platform?
- Global Collaboration within the Design Chain
- Industry 4.0 Architecture from Edge Devices through Application Layers to Enterprise Applications
- Blockchain & PLM
- What is Needed to Achieve Value from PLM? Influencing Standards for Data Storage and Exchange
- Generative Design: The Changing Nature of Product Development
- Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality: Have They Crossed the Chasm?
- The State of PLM on the Cloud
- System of Systems Approach to Product Design
- PLM Technology Obsolescence Management
- Model Lifecycle Management: Enabling the Digital Thread
- MBSE: The Next Generation of Systems Engineering
- Multi-view Bill of Material (BOM) Dictionary - eBOM to mBOM Accountability
- Physics-based Digital Twins: Beyond Data Analytics
- PLM's Future: Where are we going?
"CIMdata is committed to delivering high client value with our PLM Road Map conferences and we are excited to offer this program in conjunction with PDT North America," stated Ms. Cheryl Peck, CIMdata's Director of Marketing and PLM Road Map Conference Director. "The agenda topics we have put together reflect the findings of our research and experience. In recent years, we have found that industry adoption of many leading-edge PLM technologies, such as analytics and big data, the internet of things, cloud computing, augmented reality, and additive manufacturing has matured from investigation and planning to implementation and operational use."
PLM Road Map NA, in collaboration with PDT NA, is the must-attend event for PLM industry leaders and PLM practitioners globally-providing independent education and a collaborative networking environment where ideas, trends, experiences, and relationships critical to the industry germinate and take root.
In addition to the events to be held in May, CIMdata and Eurostep will collaborate to co-host PLM Road Map Europe and PDT Europe in Stuttgart, Germany on October 24 & 25, 2018.
For information about the events see https://www.cimdata.com/en/education/plm-conferences/2018-plmrmna-pdt/2018-plmrmna-about-plmrm