Ann Arbor, MI, June 29, 2018 --(PR.com
)-- CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Industry Review and Trends Report, the second of five modules of the CIMdata 2017 Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2017. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The 2018 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report focuses on Industry 4.0, the fourth Industrial Revolution. The core design principles of Industry 4.0 are interoperability, information transparency (including the notion of the digital twin), technical assistance (augmenting humans in analysis and physical work), and decentralized decision making. Some talk about Industry 4.0 as the convergence of information technology (IT) and operation technology (OT), a bridging of digital and physical, cyber-physical production systems enabled by the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The same trends driving IT and society—Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud, and the Internet of Things—are key enablers for both PLM and Industry 4.0. Product companies need PLM processes and enabling solutions that can provide the necessary end-to-end connectivity spanning the lifecycle.
At a practical level, companies are looking to employ these processes and enabling technologies to facilitate mass customization, being able to make money serving markets of one. The IoT opens new opportunities to understand the intricacies of how products are manufactured and used in the real world. The vast quantities of data will need to be captured, analyzed, combined with social and other real-world data (e.g., time and location), and presented to help humans to make better decisions more quickly. Predictive analytics and cognitive solutions can identify the best action to maintain, overhaul, or replace vital assets.
CIMdata follows the thread of Industry 4.0 from the need for companies to retrofit aging factories, to the use of big data analytics to better manage and enhance the product lifecycle, through advances in manufacturing processes, and into important new applications of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
This PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is the second of five modules of the CIMdata 2018 Market Analysis Report Series to be released. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during calendar year 2017. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
1. The CIMdata 2018 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2017, forecasts of investments for 2018 through 2022, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2017.
2. The CIMdata 2018 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2017, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
3. The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2018 through 2022.
4. The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2017 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2017 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
5. The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2017 market results. CIMdata’s 2017 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.