Capita Conferences Announce Details of Their School Admissions Event – 3rd Dec 2013, London
London, United Kingdom, October 11, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- A One Day National Conference
Tuesday, 3rd December 2013 - Central London
Chaired by Cllr David Simmonds, Cabinet Member for Education and Children’s Services, London Borough of Hillingdon and Chairman, Children and Young People Board, LGA
About the event:
With the first cohort enrolled under the revised School Admissions Code, this National School Admissions Conference offers an update from the Department for Education and the Chief Schools Adjudicator on progress made with implementation so far.
Delegates join expert speakers and leading practitioners to learn how local authorities and schools can work together to ensure that admissions are fair, transparent and meet the need for more school places. Speakers will help delegates to understand how the demand can be met successfully, in order to keep all children in education and support progression.
Expert speakers include:
· Paul Dalgleish, Head of School Admissions, Department for Education
· Dr Elizabeth Passmore OBE, Schools Adjudicator, Office of the Schools Adjudicator (OSA)
· Dame Helen Hyde, Headmistress, Watford Grammar School for Girls and President, FASNA
· Rachel Laybourne, Team Manager, Schools Organisation Sufficiency and Information, Wakefield Council
· Dr Andy Williams, Executive Headteacher, North Huddersfield Trust School
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=School_Admissions_Dec_13.pdf&code=SMMK Or contact: Naomi Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org