Kettle Falls, WA, October 15, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Career experts from around the country are joining in November for an online event with former military personnel who have successfully transitioned to the civilian workforce -- together providing critical tools, advice, and insights for newly transitioning veterans.
These experts and vets are part of the sixth annual Job Action Day, which takes place Monday, November 4. The virtual event is hosted by Quintessential Careers, one of the most comprehensive career sites on the Web.
“Hundreds of thousands of veterans and current military personnel are leaving the armed forces annually,” said Dr. Randall Hansen, publisher and CEO of Quintessential Careers. “These people have served our country with honor and now want to transition into the civilian workforce, seeking jobs in government and the private sector, as well as considering starting their own businesses.”
The problem, according to Hansen, is that many transitioning military struggle with understanding what employers want... and employers struggle to understand how each vet's military service applies to the experience the employer requires for job openings.
“The goal of this year’s Job Action Day is to empower, enlighten, and educate transitioning military on all aspects of job-hunting – showcasing how to use the skills and experience from the military and apply them to civilian jobs,” said Hansen. “It’s especially exciting because we not only have career experts sharing their knowledge, but we have a large number of successfully transitioned veterans sharing their insights, struggles, and tips.”
Topics scheduled to be covered for Job Action Day include:
- How to Successfully Transition From Military to Civilian
- Are You Ready to Transition from Military to Civilian? An Assessment
- Expert Career Advice for Veterans Looking to Transition
- Vet-to-Vet Advice for Veterans Considering Starting Their Own Businesses
- Vet-to-Vet Advice for Veterans Considering Buying into a Franchise
- Network to Transition from a Military Career to a New Career
- The 5 Key Steps to Successful Career Transition
- A Marine’s Tips on Transitioning from Military Service to the Private Sector
- Career Experts Speak: Best Advice on Transitioning from Military to Civilian Workforce
- Managing Expectations When Making Career Transitions
- Crafting Killer Veteran Resumes for Civilian Employment
- Translate Your Military Skills into Civilian Language in 6 Easy Steps
Career experts signed on to provide advice for transitioning veterans include:
- Randall Hansen. CEO & Founder, Quintessential Careers. Kettle Falls, WA.
- Wendy Terwelp. Opportunity Knocks. Grafton, WI.
- Deborah Shane. DeborahSHane.com. Tampa, FL.
- Debra Wheatman. CareersDoneWrite. New York.
- Tom Wolfe. Author, Out of Uniform: Your Guide to a Successful Military-to-Civilian Career Transition. Fayetteville, NC.
- Carl Savino. President, Corporate Gray; author, Military-to-Civilian Transition Guide: A Career Transition Guide for Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, Coast Guard Personnel, Veterans. Washington, DC.
- Louise Kursmark. Best Impression Career Services, Inc. Boston, MA.
- Janet Farley. Author, Quick Military Transition Guide: Seven Steps to Landing a Civilian Job.
- Jessica Hernandez. Great Resumes Fast. Jacksonville, FL.
- Rick Gillis. The Really Useful Job Company. Houston, TX.
- Maureen Crawford Hentz. Corporate trainer. Boston, MA.
- Nancy J. Miller. Creative Life Work Design. Sacramento, CA.
- Hannah Morgan. Career Sherpa. Rochester, NY.
- Patricia Dorch. ExecuDress; author, Military to Civilian Transition. Moreno Valley, CA
- Miriam Salpeter. Keppie Careers. Atlanta, GA.
- Michael Bilello. CEO, Centurion Strategies. Tampa, FL.
- Kevin Richard McNulty. Founder & CEO, Humadyn-Life Skills Institute; author, The Gap Between Two Worlds: Turning Difficult Life Transitions into Personal Growth Experiences. Nashville, TN.
- Russ Hovendick. Founder, Directional Motivation; author, Deployment to Employment: A Guide for Military Veterans Transitioning to Civilian Employment. Souix Falls, SD.
More information about Job Action Day 2013 can be found here: http://www.jobactionday.com/2013-Job-Action-Day.html
About Job Action Day: Established 6 years ago on the first Monday in November as a day for all job-seekers and workers to take stock of their situations and make plans and/or take action steps to improve their careers. While encouraged to take action on the day, the resources and links are permanently published on Quintessential Careers for future use.
About Quintessential Careers: For 17 years, this comprehensive career development site has been empowering job-seekers of all ages find their ideal careers and jobs. With more than 5,200 pages of content -- from articles, quizzes, and tutorials -- Quintessential Careers offers visitors no-cost content that can improve their lives.
About Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D.: Randall Hansen is the founder and publisher of Quintessential Careers. He has been involved in the career industry for more than 20 years, and is the authors of numerous career-related articles, tutorials, and books.