Cork, Ireland, October 17, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- This BlueTech® Webinar is from the Smart Water Practice area.
Industries around the world are seeking new ways to make every drop of water count and agriculture is no different. According to USAID, water scarcity affects more than 40 percent of the world's population, and approximately 70 percent of fresh water is used for agriculture. That leaves no surprise that the US Agency for International Development and the Swedish government recently announced a $25 million grant program to increase access to clean water for farming.
Many factors threaten the future of farming. Variation in soil compositions, inefficient irrigation and poor drainage to name a few. Irrigated agriculture represents 20% of the total cultivated land but contributes 40% of the total food produced worldwide. At BlueTech Research, they track the market opportunities to determine where investments and innovative technologies could make the most impact. This webinar will provide an overview of the proven & innovative smart irrigation technologies used within this market.
Questions to be answered:
· How big is the smart irrigation market?
· What are the largest pain points of this market?
· What are the prevailing technologies used?
· What are the current technological limitation of current commercially available irrigation systems?
· How does regulation impact or drive these innovative technologies?
Moderator: Tyler Algeo, Senior Water Technology Analyst, BlueTech Research
· Billy Tiller, Director of Business Development, Grower information Services Cooperative
· Dotan Paz, Senior Sales Manager, AMIAD
· Dr. Yoav Zeif, Chief Commercial Officer, Netafim
· TBD, Woolf Farming
Who should attend?
· Investors looking to understand the market opportunity in smart irrigation systems.
· Technology providers looking for technology gap and unmet needs.
· Agriculture and Irrigation business who wish to understand the economic & technical issues and future directions.
About B2B Webinars
B2b Webinars.net is a subsidiary of Information Forecast Inc., celebrating more than 25 years of successfully presenting industry defining events and webinars. B2Bwebinars.net (previously known as “Infocast” Webinars) provides the cutting edge information and key intelligence that business leaders use to drive growth in the numerous industries that we serve. Our production team works closely with senior industry leaders to design and produce the most informative, knowledge based business events available anywhere. Whether you are attending, speaking, moderating or sponsoring, being part of one of our 90-minute online seminars will raise your industry standing, introduce you to vital business connections and position you and your firm as a leading industry voice.
About BlueTech Research
BlueTech Research, an O2 Environmental company, is an independent market intelligence firm focused exclusively on the water technology industry. The firm provides actionable insights to a global client base on innovative and disruptive technologies, market direction, market opportunities, and access to intelligence on the companies innovating in the water space. To learn more or schedule a demo, please visit www.bluetechresearch.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org