Capita Conferences Announce Details of Their Additional Support for Learning Event – 25th Nov.2013, Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, October 24, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- With the Children and Young People Bill currently passing through Parliament, the National Additional Support for Learning Conference is ideally timed to update you on how legislative changes will impact on those with additional support needs. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear directly from Education Scotland and learn how this new legislation will complement the Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Act 2004, the Getting it Right for Every Child Agenda (GIRFEC) and the Curriculum for Excellence to deliver effective identification of, and provision for, additional support needs.
Shining a spotlight on best practice examples from local authorities, schools and the third sector, this conference provides you with expert guidance on strengthening partnership working to meet the needs of children and young people and enable them to reach their full potential.
Topics covered on the day include:
- Promoting smooth transitions from primary to secondary school
- Putting together a coordinated support plan and embedding this into the new Child’s Plan
- Expert guidance on Additional Support Needs Tribunals
- The roles of different agencies during a child’s early years
- Attend this event to hear how local agencies are meeting their statutory duties by working together to ensure that all children overcome barriers to learning and benefit from education.
Benefits of Attending
- Hear directly from Education Scotland to gain the latest policy update on additional support for learning
- Gain expert guidance on additional support needs tribunals, and recent appeal decisions
- Understand how the new Children and Young People Bill will impact the scope and provision of additional support for learning
- Explore how multi-agency additional support can enable practitioners to identify and meet the complex needs of children during the early years stage
- Take away ideas on how to ensure inclusion in mainstream schools and enable children and young people to get the most out of their education
- Learn about best practice strategies for working with Looked After Children to improve educational outcomes
For more information, please visit the website : http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/public-sector-conferences/education/full-conferences/article/additional-support-for-learning conference.html?code=SMMK
Or Contact – Alex Esson at alexander.esson@capita .co.uk