Meeting the New Standards for English Conference - by Capita Conferences, 27th February, Central London
London, United Kingdom, January 09, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- A One Day National Conference
Meeting the New Standards for English
Thursday 27th February 2014 – Central London
Chaired by Bethan Marshall, Chair, National Association for the Teaching of English (NATE)
About the event:
Our National Meeting the New Standards for English Conference is ideally timed in preparation for the teaching of the new English curriculum for Key Stages 1-3 from 2014 and Key Stage 4 from 2015.
This event provides an update on Ofsted's increased focus on literacy in school inspections and wider reforms to the national curriculum, as part of the Government's continued commitment to improving national standards.
Delegates will gain a strategic update on the changes and will choose from tailored primary and secondary streams to enable them to explore innovative and practical ideas on preparing to deliver the new English curriculum.
· Jo Denham, English Team Leader, Standards Division, Department for Education
· Patricia Metham HMI, National Lead for English, Ofsted
· Dr David Waugh, Senior Teaching Fellow, PGCE Primary Programme Director, School of Education, Durham University
· Dawn Ingleson, Head of Learning, Discover Children’s Story Centre
· Martin Cooper, Deputy Headteacher, Mile Oak Primary School
· Emily Tudor, Assistant Principal for Progress and Intervention and Alice Henderson, Assistant Principal for English and Communication, St Paul’s Academy
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=Meeting_the_New_Standards_for_English_01.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – email@example.com