Capita Conferences' Raising School Standards in Wales Event Announced - 17th March, Cardiff
Cardiff, United Kingdom, January 22, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- A One Day National Conference
Raising School Standards in Wales
Monday, 17th March 2014 – Cardiff
This National Raising School Standards in Wales Conference comes at a crucial time to prepare delegates for impending curriculum and qualification changes whilst implementing the Literacy and Numeracy Framework.
The programme tackles the Welsh Government’s key priorities for raising school standards in Wales; improving literacy and numeracy and closing the gap. Following the announcement of the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) ring-fenced funding of £19 million for school improvement at a regional consortia level, other fundamental areas of focus for the conference will be education support and collaborative working.
Now is the time for schools to come together as they enter their review phase with budgets in place; ready to gain inspiration and exchange ideas on the strategic planning needed to align current priorities with impending changes.
Expert Speakers Include:
· Keynote Address: Dr Christopher Howard OBE, Director, NAHT Cymru
· Keynote Address: Steve Davies, Managing Director, Education Achievement Service South East Wales (EAS)
· Chair: Robin Hughes, General Secretary, ASCL Cymru
· Martin Matthews, Executive Headteacher, Michaelston Community College and
Glyn Dewr High School
· Alun Llwyd, Headteacher, Ysgol Dyffryn Ogwen
· Nerys Wyn Jones, Governor, Ysgol Morfa Nefyn
· Emma Abraham, LNF Project Manager, Cefn Hengoed Community School
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=School_Standards_Wales_Mar_14.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org