Lexington, KY, February 22, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Mother Nature definitely is making her presence known around the United States. From kids missing school to severe cases of cabin fever and digging out from the snow, what’s a warm-weather fan to do?
Coach Colene Elridge comes to your rescue, “I cannot tell you how many conversations have turned to the weather in the past few weeks. With the snow, ice and cold, it’s easy to drop into a funk. I want to help you make it through the rest of the winter with a positive outlook and an appreciation for the winter months.”
The Kentucky-based Coach Colene has seven tips to help you embrace the rest of the winter:
1. Treat Yourself. “I’m a firm believer that we all deserve a big slice of happiness! Rewarding ourselves with a bit of a treat is incentive enough to keep us moving until spring. I buy loose-leaf tea and local honey and savor every sip of it. I’ll get a massage to rejuvenate my body, plus I believe in the power of human touch. What small ways can you treat yourself?”
2. Exercise. “I do hot yoga, so it’s easy for me to go in the winter because it’s hot and feels like a bit of a vacation from the cold. We all know exercising is good for you, so take some time to work up a sweat. Your mindset, and your spring and summer clothes, will thank you!”
3. Learn something new. “Did you know that learning and accomplishing something new is one of the many factors to happiness? Take up knitting, learn to cook a fancy meal, study a language, paint a canvas. Bring a friend along with you to keep you going and make an event out of learning something new.”
4. Get Social. “My mom swears I was born talking and haven’t stopped since! In the winter months, it’s easy to hole up and be alone. Instead, make yourself see people who make you laugh. Get social and have a good time talking about plans for spring.”
5. Visualize your spring and summer. “Think about how great your spring is going to be. What plans have you already made? What can you do now to prepare for spring? For me, going to the gym reminds me of my plans to go to the beach. Knowing I'm getting into a swimsuit keeps me motivated to work out and eat better.”
6. Wear something bright. “Don't feel like you have to wait until spring to wear bright colors. Wear them now. They will help boost your mood and add a bit of pep into your wardrobe.”
7. Get rid of stuff. “Go through your house and get rid of things you don't need, use or love. This act of making room for spring will get you in the right frame of mind for a new awakening. Make sure you donate and/or recycle the things you can. You'll feel good about the extra space and giving to those in need.”
About Coach Colene - Coach Colene Elridge is a dynamic trainer who offers an interactive and innovative approach to learning and development. She is a Success Coach who works with individuals and organizations that aspire to "Be More." Colene is also a human resources professional and certified mediator. More details on Coach Colene on www.CoachColene.com.