Fort Myers, FL, March 14, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The Employment Law, Immigration, and Workers' Compensation attorneys at Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A., will host the firm's 22nd Annual HR Law & Solutions seminar on April 1, 2014 at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa. This annual seminar is designed to update and educate business owners, managers, and human resource professionals on legal issues in the workplace.
• Employment Law and Legislation Update. Attorneys Robert Shearman and John Agnew will provide an update on notable court decisions and legislative developments. This annual update will provide practical advice and tips to assist business leaders in maintaining a compliant workplace under current laws and regulations.
• Bullies in the Workplace. Studies and statistics show that incidences of workplace bullying have significantly increased over the past few years, and many states have introduced anti-bullying in the workplace legislation. Attorney John Potanovic will teach attendees best practices and strategies for dealing with workplace bullying, and for avoiding potential claims arising from bullying.
• Are You Audit-Proof? It is no secret that agencies such as the Department of Labor and Immigration and Customs Enforcement have ramped up audits of workplaces of all sizes and in all industries. Featuring Attorneys Suzanne Boy, David Roos, Michael McCabe, and Tulio Suarez, this session will teach attendees how to prepare for and go through potential workplace audits, and how to minimize potential exposure related to those audits. Issues to be addressed include: wage and hour matters; documenting accurate payroll and workers' compensation insurance coverage; and I-9 requirements.
• The 'Braveheart' Approach to Leadership. Using factual history from the story of William Wallace and the Independence of Scotland, immortalized in the movie Braveheart, guest speaker Paul Macleish will take examples from actual events and tie them in to leadership in the modern corporate world.
• Employment Law IQ: Test Your Knowledge and Issue Spotting Abilities. Attorneys Suzanne Boy and Vicki Sproat will test attendees’ employment law IQ in this fun, interactive "game show" by focusing on identifying issues and resolving problems. Attendees will learn how to spot potential legal issues, gain a better understanding of important employment laws, and learn best strategies to mitigate the volume and severity of claims.
The seminar has been approved for 5.75 (HR (General)) recertification hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Florida Bar CLE approval is pending.
Registration is $30 per person. For more information on the seminar or to register, visit http://www.henlaw.com/news-events/hr-law-solutions-seminar/.
Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A., is one of the largest law firms between Tampa and Miami. A full-service firm, Henderson Franklin has over 55 attorneys practicing in the areas of business and tax planning, estate planning, family law, commercial and civil litigation, immigration law, workers' compensation, employment law, real estate, and land use and environmental law. One of the state's oldest firms, Henderson Franklin was founded in Fort Myers in 1924 and operates offices in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Sanibel Island and Naples.