Long Beach, NY, March 15, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- In today's society, there is strong concern for preserving the planet and it's resources from overuse. Protecting land, environments, and ecosystems across the globe have become key initiatives for businesses and people all over the world. This is why Beach Terrace Care Center hopes to educate and encourage the community to participate in going Green this March to honor Earth Day on March 20th 2014. Green initiatives are simple to start in your own home or business and are often more cost effective than traditional practices, which can be more wasteful.
Small lifestyle changes at home can greatly affect our immediate and global environment, such as reducing landfill waste, airborne toxins and fumes, and preserving natural reserves. Beach Terrace Care Center shares five tips on going green at home, and calls on residents and members of the community to band together for greener and cleaner neighborhoods. To get involved, adopt some of these simple practices to make a positive green imprint on your community.
- Give up disposable bags! Paper or plastic? Bring your own. Reusable grocery bags help to reduce the amount of trees cut down to make paper bags and the amount of non-biodegradable materials from plastic bags.
- Turn off your computer completely at night, instead of letting it overcharge. This will save on your energy bill, while also preserving your battery's lifetime.
- Before making that new item purchase, do the research to see if it's something you could find from a yard sale or consignment shop, which cuts down on landfill waste.
- Replace one meal a week with a vegetarian option. Not only is it healthy for you, it saves hundreds of gallons of water (it takes 100 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of ground beef)!
- Introduce houseplants to your home. They increase oxygen circulation and bring peaceful energy to a space.
“We're so fortunate to be in New York, a place where many green initiatives are already underway, and we at Beach Terrace are proud to join the cause,” said Martin Zwick, Administrator at Beach Terrace Care Center. “The planet is the most important resource we have. It's our home above all else and we must take care of it.”
Recently named one of America's Best Nursing Homes of 2013 by U.S. News & World Report, Beach Terrace Care Center is a 182-bed premier skilled nursing facility, specializing in dedicated treatment options for residents from short-term rehabilitation to long-term care. Located at 640 W Broadway, Long Beach, NY, mere feet from the water, Beach Terrace Care Center provides personalized care for each resident. Beach Terrace offers a renowned Alzheimer's/Dementia program, hospice and behavioral unit.
For more information on Beach Terrace Care Center, visiting hours, or general inquiries, call us at 516.431.4400 or email us at email@example.com. Kindly visit our website at www.beach-terrace.com. Like us at Facebook.com/BeachTerraceCC. Follow us at Twitter.com/BeachTerraceCC. Connect with us at Gplus.to/BeachTerraceCC.