Developmental Learning Solutions Now Providing Educational and Student Learning Services to San Jose
San Jose, CA, March 24, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Developmental Learning Solutions (DLS; www.dls-learning.com), a leader in assessing and addressing learning differences, today announced the opening of a new San Jose location. Headquartered in Santa Cruz, CA, DLS provides specialized programs that allow students and adults to dramatically improve their learning. Now DLS’s distinctive professional services are within reach to more Bay Area families.
"We always start work with a person’s own unique learning processes and individual characteristics, all of which we see as aspects of the learner, rather than just strengths or weaknesses," said John R. Fleming, founder and Director of DLS, "We work with the whole person using research-based, non-judgmental processes that actually begins to free the learner from cognitive blocks such as processing differences, as well as perceptions and emotions that can inhibit learning." Starting with a detailed learning profile that pinpoints individual learning needs, DLS’s expert learning specialists map out and implement a strategy to reach academic and vocational potential, as well as support social and emotional growth.
DLS’s expansion serves the need in San Jose and greater South Bay for an exceptional resource for students, parents and working adults; their range of educational services assess, remediate, coach, and support learners with research-based educational therapy, customized tutoring strategies and coordinated educational and vocational plans. Programs and services include:
• Educational Assessments, including Speech & Language testing and Psycho-Educational Assessments
• Tutoring with DesignTM to support students' academic, social, and emotional growth
• Tech with DesignTM Optimizing educational tech aids (speech to text, text to speech, OCR and others) at school or work
• Directed Study/Independent Study Programs, with learning and organizational support, to successfully gain school and college credit
• Transitional Educational Support and School Placement Consultation
• Academic Enrichment programs
• Certified Educational Therapy for all types of learning differences: dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, working memory, executive functioning, critical reasoning, academic anxiety, academic self-esteem and more)
• Certified Speech & Language Therapy
• Ongoing training for area Learning Specialists, Tutors, Parent Educators
• Family Consultations : Getting Effective School & Special Education Services
• Consultations for ADA, IEP, 504 plans and Accommodations
About Developmental Learning Solutions:
Since 1993, DLS has provided individual educational therapy services, tutoring, adapted technology training as well as specialized services to public and private schools – learning assessments, instructional design and specially trained aides.
John R. Fleming, M.Ed., Founder/Director of Developmental Learning Solutions (DLS), has a Masters degree in Special Education with concentrations in Learning Disabilities, and in Emotional Disturbances (ED) that affect learning. John was coordinator of the Cognitive Development Program at the Reading Center of George Washington University, where he was involved in teacher training and establishing national and international learning centers. He helped develop the Educational Therapy certificate program at University of California-Santa Cruz Extension Program, and has taught at UC/Santa Cruz Extension, UC/Berkeley Extension, and George Washington University. In addition, John develops and implements training programs for teachers and clinical specialists, and works with public and private schools establish protocols for service eligibility and accommodations.
For more information:
John is available for interviews, and is a charismatic defender of adults and students with learning differences.
Contact: Anita Seth, Administrative Director
Developmental Learning Solutions
3550 Stevens Creek Blvd., #210
San Jose, CA 95117