Manchester, United Kingdom, March 26, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The Health and Care Innovation Expo 2014 showcased tools and resources designed to make positive changes in health and care.
An analysis of the responses obtained from the Idox healthcare survey conducted at the event identifies the following:
· A total of 79.9% of the respondents rated ‘lack of funding for projects’ as a ‘very critical’ or ‘critical’ threat currently facing their organisation.
· Over half of all survey respondents (53%) recognised ‘soft skills’ such as communication and teamworking as the biggest skills gap within their organisation. A total of 40% also noted that ‘management skills’ represented a major organisational skills gap.
· Over a quarter of respondents rated their organisation’s track record in securing grant funding as ‘requiring improvement’, with a further 39% unable to comment as they didn’t know enough information about their organisation’s funding strategy.
· Some 56% of all survey respondents indicated that they thought that ‘finding eligible funds quicker’ would improve their chances of securing funding. A total of 45% of the respondents also noted that relevant training in areas such as putting together funding applications would help.
Idox’s Marketing and Communications Director Rebecca Erskine comments,
“The findings indicate that access to funding and staff training continue to be high on the agenda for healthcare organisations. The health sector has faced significant challenges over recent years in terms of changing responsibilities and budgets so it’s no surprise that lack of funding featured as a significant concern for those we met at the Expo. Idox is committed to supporting those who are operating in the health sector to ensure that funding success is not impacted by making sure that they have access to timely, relevant funding information through services such as GRANTfinder 4 Health (www.idoxgrantfinder.co.uk/health) which features in excess of some 11,000 funding opportunities, covering projects such as facilities build, research & development, employment initiatives and social care.”
For more information on GRANTfinder, the healthcare survey research findings or Idox’s current support offerings to the health sector, please contact the Idox Marketing team at: email@example.com.
Notes to Editors
1. The Health and Care Innovation Expo 2014 healthcare survey was completed by a total of 196 delegates.
2. Idox has, since 1985, been operating as Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information services. It offers support to organisations seeking to identify and secure grant funding, whilst also helping them to develop a wider understanding of compliance: http://is.idoxgroup.com.
3. Idox showcased GRANTfinder 4 Health at the Health and Care Innovation Expo, along with: its RESEARCHconnect research funding portal; its Open 4 Training & Development website for staff training; and its compliance and corporate communications e-learning software.