London, United Kingdom, April 30, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- A One Day National Conference
Raising the Participation Age
Thursday, 10th July 2014 – Central London
As preparations continue for the extension of the participation age to 18 in 2015, now is the ideal time for stakeholders to come together and share existing best practice and ways forward. Attend Capita’s Raising the Participation Age (RPA) conference to hear success stories, findings so far and strategies for the on-going challenge of preparing young people for further education, higher education and employment.
Local authority figures released in March showed that the number of 16 and 17 year olds in full-time education or training rose by 35,000 in 12 months. With Skills Minister Matthew Hancock MP challenging local authorities to further improve methods of tracking participation rates, now is clearly a time of considerable challenge.
Expert Speakers Include:
· Chair: Dominic Cotton, Chief Executive, UK Youth
· Nick Thatcher, Policy Manager, 16-19 Participation, Department for Education
· Marcella Phelan, Assistant Director, Children and Families, Ealing Council
· David Scott, 14 – 19 Co-ordinator and RPA Lead, London Borough of Hounslow Council
· Paul Warner, Director of Employment and Skills, Association of Employment and Learning Providers
For more information:
Download the brochure:
Follow us on Twitter @capitaconf #capitaconf
Or contact: Rahel Gerezgiher – firstname.lastname@example.org