Capita Announce Details of Their Improving Primary Literacy and Numeracy Conference
London, United Kingdom, May 01, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- With the Department for Education’s plans to improve literacy and numeracy standards through baseline targets and a revised curriculum, it has never been more necessary to review current school practice. The National Improving Primary Literacy and Numeracy Conference, taking place in Manchester on Wednesday 21 May 2014, comes at a crucial time, helping school leaders meet this challenge and focus on ways forward for delivering the new national curriculum for English and Mathematics.
This event will provide you with a strategic update from policy leaders across the sector, as well as showcasing best practice case study examples. Attend to benefit from advice and guidance from schools moving forward with designing innovative literacy and numeracy curricula while demonstrating progress within new models of assessment. The programme concentrates on the following key issues:
• Implementing comprehensible assessment methods for literacy and numeracy, including assessment without levels
• Entrenching literacy and numeracy in the teaching of the new national curriculum
• Ensuring mathematical fluency, reasoning and problem solving to enable progression in numeracy
• Embedding effective reading, comprehension, writing, spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPaG) skills at the heart of the literacy curriculum
• Successful intervention strategies for literacy and numeracy
Attend this timely event to discover transferable best practice on how best to harness the opportunities of a more flexible curriculum and improve attainment in literacy and numeracy through tailored support.
More Information: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/public-sector-conferences/education/full-conferences/article/improving-primary-literacy-and-numeracy-conference-3.html?code=SMMK
Contact: Richard Goddard; firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 7960 7719