Manchester, United Kingdom, May 08, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- North Tyneside Council is the latest authority to invest in Idox’s Open 4 Training & Development funding portal – designed to help identify funding for employees to develop in their current role and help them prepare for future roles.
The product – maintained by Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information – supports organisations in:
• identifying alternative sources of funding for staff training where internal budgets won’t cover all staff development requirements;
• giving opportunities to young people starting in entry level roles through apprenticeships;
• supporting staff members in their own training and development and that of their family members; and
· demonstrating to accreditation bodies that they invest in the development of their staff.
Employees are able to search for funding to support their training and development needs by entering key search fields to identify information such as: the subjects they would like to study; what they would like the funding for; and the type of job they’d be interested in training for. Users can also conduct a keyword search or browse through the available funding categories to identify training support with ease. The portal will generate a list of applicable funding programmes depending on the criteria entered, covering key information including deadlines, scheme objectives; eligibility criteria and funder contact details. Users are able to sift through the list and consider any programmes of relevance.
Louise Robson, Human Resource Development Manager at North Tyneside Council comments: “Obtaining any sort of funding for help with learning and development is a huge bonus and we wanted to share this with our employees. Open 4 Training & Development is a user- friendly mechanism to access a number of funding opportunities – local, regional and national. Feedback from a number of staff has been positive and I believe this will greatly assist us in enhancing our ability to continue to offer support for employee development.”
For further information on Open 4 Training & Development, please visit: www.open4training.info.
Note to editors:
· Idox is recognised as Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information and presents research, information publishing and technology solutions for business, public and community sector organisations. Full details are available at: www.idoxgroup.com.
· Idox supports an extensive portfolio of funding and policy information services including the UK’s most comprehensive funding service GRANTfinder (www.idoxgrantfinder.co.uk), a professional research funding service RESEARCHconnect (www.researchconnect.co.uk) and a and a suite of CPD accredited training courses.
Press Enquiries should be directed to Idox:
Tel: 0844 874 0739