Washington, DC, May 21, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Defense Strategies Institutes 2014 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium will bring together DoD & Military policy-makers, EOD/IED technicians, members of the low intensity conflict community, as well as DHS and Civil Public Safety Bomb Squad professionals in an information exchange forum for the discussion of current and future trends and initiatives for battlefield operations, peacekeeping operations, and homeland defense. DSI Supports our Nations Injured Service Members through Donations to the Wounded Warrior Project. The event will be held, July 22 – 23, 2014 at the Mary M Gates Learning Center - Alexandria, VA.
New for 2014 - Symposium & Networking Sessions Will Include:
- Boston Marathon Bombing: Storyboard case study from Boston bombing leadership
- Latest technology in expanded table top displays with live demonstrations
- Collaboration Moving the Army Forward: S&T Efforts to Ensure Counter IED & Detection Capabilities
- ATF & FBI Emerging Technologies for Identifying and Detecting EOD, IED, and Explosive Effects and Behavior
- Effective Countermine Capabilities Integration in Expeditionary Forces for Waterborne and Ashore Anti-terrorism
2014 Confirmed Speakers Include:
*Thomas P Dee - Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Expeditionary Programs & Logistics Management) Research, Development & Acquisition
*Patrick Starke, Chief, Office for Bombing Prevention, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
*LTC Martin F. Spellacy, Director, Military Support, Massachusetts National Guard
*Lt Colonel Matthew Woolums, Commander, 1st WMD-CST
*Major Robert McLellan, C-IED Branch, Force Protection Integration Division, USMC
Complimentary Registration for all active duty military & government personnel (Industry & contractor rates apply)
To learn more about the 2014 Symposium, download the full working agenda, receive exhibit information or register, please visit: http://countermine.dsigroup.org/.