Raleigh, NC, June 06, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) Family of Stores today invited customers to be inspired by the tastes and flavors of México during a first-of-its-kind event in local stores called Savor World Flavor: Taste of México.
All of the Triangle’s 14 area stores will offer dozens of new product selections, cooking demonstrations and food sampling during the company’s first Savor World Flavor event running from Wednesday, June 4 through Tuesday, June 24. Several area Kroger stores will be hosting special sidewalk events with promotions and free giveaways;
- Wednesday, June 11 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at 202 W. NC Highway 54 in Durham
- Wednesday, June 11 from noon to 2 p.m. at 8345 Creedmoor Road in Raleigh
- Wednesday, June 18 from noon to 2 p.m. at 940 U.S. Highway 64 West in Apex
Customers can also visit http://experiencesavorworldflavor.com online to view recipes, watch videos, find a schedule of in-store events, register to win prizes – including three trips to México – and more.
“Savor World Flavor is about re-igniting our customers’ passion for food through the authentic tastes and cuisines of world cultures,” said Carl York, advertising and public relations manager for Kroger’s mid-Atlantic marketing region. “Carefully selected foods and recipes will create a unique fiesta for the senses in our stores during Taste of México – and provide exciting and easy new options to help solve the daily question, “what’s for dinner?”
The popularity of Mexican cuisine is on the rise. Campbell’s Culinary & Baking Institute named Regional Mexican one of the top ten food trends in 2014.
Customers are invited to enjoy the complete Taste of México experience beginning in stores later this week, and are encouraged to check with their local stores or at http://experiencesavorworldflavor.com for dates and times for sampling, cooking demos, games to win coupons and prizes, and more, including:
· Sample freshly-made guacamole and enjoy samplings of pineapple, mango and jicama complemented by Tajin spice in produce departments
· Find fresh tilapia, shrimp ceviche, chorizo and marinated cuts of beef, pork and chicken in meat and seafood departments
· Sample “fuego” cheeses in the deli, and bring home fresh and ready-to-eat meal solutions like chicken enchiladas rancheros, tamales, Sonoran chicken pasta, Yucatan corn and black bean salad or fiesta slaw
· Discover and sample authentic Mexican dishes that are easy to re-create in your kitchen, including Tinga de Pollo, Torta de Milanesa and Pescado a la Talla
· Treat yourself to hot churros daily at 4 pm for 99 cents
· Find authentic Mexican dessert options such as Tres Leche cakes, mango cake and caramel iced cupcakes
· Indulge in a special Horchata Frappucino available for a limited time only in Kroger Family of Stores Starbucks locations
Throughout grocery aisles, customers will find many authentic Mexican brands and products like: Paletas (ice pops made from fruit); Crema Mexicana (buttery-rich table cream for entrée toppings); Mexican Coke (sweetened with cane sugar); Cajeta Coronado (caramel topping made from goat’s milk); Arcoiris Cookies (marshmallow and vanilla stacked cookies); and more.
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 375,000 associates who serve customers in 2,640 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Jay C, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 786 convenience stores, 320 fine jewelry stores, 1,240 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 200 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.
Media: Erin Smith, MMI Public Relations, 919-233-6600
Investors: Cindy Holmes, (513) 762-4969