Washington, DC, June 07, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Four of the nation’s most innovative ISVs competed in the Beyond Cloud Challenge during SIIA’s Maximize: Beyond the Cloud – a conference that explores emerging opportunities and innovations for driving revenue generation and rapid growth in the as-a service marketplace. SIIA’s Maximize – the premier ISV conference – was held May 20-22 in San Francisco and produced by the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries.
The Beyond Cloud Challenge was held as a competition to find the next innovative technology driving our industry forward. The finalists came together and presented their company highlighting these areas: product innovation, market impact, scalability of the technology, and go-to-market strategy.
Sumo Logic was the judge’s choice and winner of the challenge. Sumo Logic is the next-generation machine data intelligence company that leverages Big Data for real-time IT insights. The company's cloud-based service provides customers like Netflix, McGraw-Hill, GoGo Inflight and Medallia with real-time interactive analytics at unprecedented petabyte scale. Its solutions are powered by patent-pending Elastic Log Processing™ and LogReduce™ technologies, and transforms machine data into actionable insights for IT operations, application management, and security and compliance teams. Unlike expensive and complex premise-based solutions, the Sumo Logic service has a low TCO, can be deployed instantly, scales elastically and requires zero maintenance.
“SIIA’s Maximize Beyond Cloud Challenge competitors represent some of the most innovative and disruptive young companies in the marketplace,” said SIIA Vice President for the Software Division, Rhianna Collier. “We congratulate this year’s competitors and are excited by the technology driving our industry forward.”
The following industry leaders judged the Beyond Cloud Challenge:
· Todd Rahn, Audit Partner, Deloitte
· Dadong Wan, Senior Research and Innovation Executive , Accenture Technology Labs
· Jasmin Young, Director, Strategy, Consulting, PWC
Other finalists include:
· Bitglass brings to market breakthrough technologies delivering security and visibility for corporate IT departments to enable mobile devices and cloud apps in the workplace, while respecting user privacy.
· GageIn is Google Alerts on steroids. The company is the leader in the application of artificial intelligence to solve the big data challenges facing sales: finding high value prospects amid the Internet clutter and knowing when and why to proactively call on them. Gagein’s proprietary SmartTRACK technology discovers the most timely, relevant and actionable real-time news available on the Internet.
· Infer delivers data-powered business applications that help companies win more customers. Its cloud-based business solutions leverage proven data science to model untapped data sitting in companies’ sales and marketing automation systems.
SIIA is the leading association representing the software and digital content industries. SIIA represents approximately 800 member companies worldwide that develop software and digital information content. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to the leading companies that are setting the pace for the digital age. For more information, visit www.siia.net.
The Software Division provides a forum for companies developing the applications, services, infrastructure and tools that are driving the software and services industry forward. Through the division, executives of member companies meet to brainstorm, collaborate, and discuss the industry's latest challenges. The division's many programs offer excellent vehicles for companies to develop partnerships, boost their profile, and gain strategic insight on key issues. To learn more, visit http://www.siia.net/software.