London, United Kingdom, June 18, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Safeguarding Children Conference
Monday 22nd September 2014 – Central London
This conference has an attached half-day briefing
Safer Recruitment and Employment Practices
Tuesday 23rd September 2014 – Central London
Attend both events and receive a 20% discount (discounts cannot be combined)
With the Working Together to Safeguard Children statutory guidance out, a new single inspection framework in place and a reformed system of Serious Case Reviews, now is the time to explore effective and innovative practice around enhancing safeguarding arrangements.
Bringing together professionals from across all sectors, this conference gives a national update on promoting the welfare of children, continuing to raise the quality of social work, providing early help and support and taking actions against neglect.
This event will equip delegates with the crucial knowledge to develop multi-agency working, drive forward a child-centred system and improve child protection arrangements.
· Keynote: Graham Archer, Deputy Director, Safeguarding, Department for Education
· Chair: David Simmonds, Councillor, London Borough of Hillingdon and Chairman, Children and Young People Board, Local Government Association
· Simon Bailey, Chief Constable, Norfolk Constabulary and National Policing Lead for Child Abuse
· Briony Ladbury, Safeguarding Children Lead, NHS England (London)
· Michael Harrison, Commissioner for Safety and Richard Hancock, Head of Families First, Staffordshire County Council
· Simon Hart, Independent Chair, Essex Safeguarding Children Board
· Cathy Tyson, Head of Policy and Scrutiny, Assistant Chief Executive’s Service,
London Borough of Brent
· Amy Weir, Serious Case Review Lead Reviewer
· Kim Stoner, Headteacher, St. George’s Church of England Foundation School
· Andrew Burroughs, Safeguarding Lead Officer, Peabody
For more information:
Download the brochure: http://www.capitaconferences.co.uk/pdfgen.html?filename=Safeguarding_Children_Sep_14.pdf&code=SMMK
Or contact: Naomi Wood – email@example.com / 020 7202 0571