Tersus Introduces Unique Surfactant Technology and Implementation Techniques for Complex Site Remediation
Wake Forest, NC, June 26, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Surbec Environmental and Tersus Environmental announced today the signing of a Distribution Agreement between the two firms. Under the terms of the agreement, Tersus Environmental will market, promote and serve as the worldwide distributor of Surbec’ s leading surfactant technology and related products, including the patented methods for in-situ surfactant and chemical oxidation flushing (US Patent Nos. 6,913,419 and 7,021,863).
A key efficacy metric for surfactants is the reduction of the interfacial force, which is the force that keeps the oil trapped within pores. Most nonionic surfactants (conventional surfactants) reduce this trapping force by about an order of magnitude. TASK™ (Tersus Advanced Surface Kinetics) reduces the interfacial force by three to four orders of magnitude allowing improved mass recovery and improved treatment by other remediation techniques.
Tersus' high performance anionic biodegradable surfactants provide considerable advantages.
▪ Dramatic reduction in cost
▪ Minimal surfactant mass – usually 0.5 to 0.9 weight percent
▪ 1 to 1.4 pore volumes for up to 95% mass removal
▪ The recovered oil and water gravimetrically separate within 30 minutes, making the waste stream easy to handle
▪ Low-cost solution – less surfactant, low disposal costs.
Supported by nearly two decades of research and formulation testing at the University of Oklahoma, TASK™ can address a wide range of applications related to hydrocarbon contamination, including:
▪ In situ soil and groundwater remediation
▪ Emergency spill clean-up
▪ Pipeline cleaning and spill clean-up
▪ Tank cleaning and sludge removal