Triangle Rock Club Celebrates Expansion Grand Opening July 12 with Free Events for the Public
Raleigh, NC, July 02, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Triangle Rock Club (TRC) will host the grand opening of its Morrisville location expansion on Saturday, July 12 from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. located at 102 Pheasant Wood Court. The daylong event will highlight TRC-Morrisville’s expansion, showcasing impressive new climbing walls and cross-training fitness areas while offering a fun-filled day for members and guests. From 7 p.m. – 11 p.m., TRC will host its Reaching New Heights Summer Block Party celebration with a variety of food trucks, live music by local band Phononova, local breweries and more. The facility’s expansion will make TRC-Morrisville one of the tallest indoor climbing gyms on the East Coast.
TRC-Morrisville’s new expansion aims to provide a more challenging and exciting climbing experience for the Research Triangle community than ever before, catering to both amateur and seasoned climbers. The facility will have an additional 17,000 square feet of climbing terrain including an additional 1,500 square feet of 16-foot-tall bouldering. Leap and top roping wall heights vary from 30’ to 55’
Accompanying TRC-Morrisville’s diverse state-of-the-art climbing terrain are brand new training areas. A new building will offer a dedicated cardio studio and a strength and conditioning area to provide supplementary training and conditioning to climbers. The group exercise studio will offer yoga classes – which will be free for TRC members! The facility will also include new bathrooms with showers, a foot and hand washing station and an outdoor deck overlooking the property, complete with a grill and event space.
The schedule of events for the grand opening are as follows:
- Open house: 9 a.m. to noon
- This will be a time dedicated to first-time visitors and community members with a focus on family fun and activities. The open house will include tours, kid-centered games, raffles, climbing activities, membership sign-ups and more. Do we need to say free?
- Carolina Celebrity Climb: 11 a.m. to noon
- Local celebrities will scale the new 55-foot wall to raise funds for local charities. TRC is partnering with five local nonprofits, including The Durham Ronald McDonald House, JDRF, YMCA of the Triangle and Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Triangle.
- Day Pass and Member Climbing: noon to 7 p.m.
- The afternoon will include raffles, climbing demos, tours and membership perks.
- Summer Block Party: 7 p.m. to midnight
- Guests are invited to attend the evening celebration complete with food trucks, local breweries, music, giveaways and tours of the new facility. Tickets are $15 for members and $25 for non-members, and are available for purchase at http://www.trianglerockclub.com/tickets. Sponsors for the events include Eldorado Climbing Walls, Head Rush Technologies, 95X, Great Outdoor Provision Co., Fortnight Brewery, D’Burritos, Big Mike’s BBQ and Dump Pho King.
For more information regarding TRC-Morrisville’s Grand Opening, visit http://www.trianglerockclub.com/expansion-grand-opening/.
“We’re proud to have completed this two year project and present it to the climbing community,” said Joel Graybeal, CFO and managing partner of Triangle Rock Club. “Our ability to complete this world-class facility is a testament to the loyalty of our customers and the execution by our employees. We are looking forward to seeing TRC guests push themselves to new heights!”
New Media Content:
Triangle Rock Club on Facebook:
Triangle Rock Club on Twitter:
Triangle Rock Club on Instagram:
About Triangle Rock Club:
Triangle Rock Club (TRC) provides state-of-the-art climbing facilities, instruction and programs for beginners to world-class climbers in a safe, professional and fun environment. TRC staff members all share a common passion for climbing. Equipment and safety standards are constantly maintained thanks to the staff’s attention to detail and prioritization of safety. TRC operates two facilities located in North Raleigh and Morrisville, each with diverse climbing terrain and features. Its services include private instruction, youth activities, parties and group events. For more information, visit http://www.trianglerockclub.com/.