Manchester, United Kingdom, July 09, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The CIH Housing 2014 Conference & Exhibition brought together stakeholders from across the housing sector in order to discuss the current changes, potential challenges and future direction of the industry.
An analysis of the responses obtained from the Idox housing survey conducted at the event identified the following:
· 35% of all survey respondents noted that ‘lack of funding’ was a ‘very critical’ threat facing their organisation at the current time.
· 63% recognised ‘soft skills’ such as communication and teamworking as the biggest skills gap within their organisation, followed by ‘management skills’ (30%) and ‘professional qualifications (25%).
· Some 55% indicated that ‘finding eligible funds quicker’ would improve their chances of securing funding. 51% also noted that relevant training in areas such as putting together funding applications would help.
· Over half of the respondents stated that their organisation had previously secured funding from national government funding streams.
· Over half rated their organisation’s track record in securing grant funding as ‘good’, with a further 17% stating ‘requires improvement’ and 16% unable to comment as they didn’t know enough information about their organisation’s funding strategy.
Marketing and Communications Director Rebecca Erskine comments, “The findings indicate that access to funding, support in securing funding and staff training are high on the agenda for housing organisations. With increased housing demand and supporting tenant welfare being just some of the issues affecting the sector, it is no surprise that lack of funding featured as a significant concern for those with whom we spoke to at this year’s CIH event. Half of all respondents noted that their organisation had received funding from national government pots. We hope to increase this number and support those operating in the housing sector to ensure that their success in procuring funding is the best it can be.”
Backed by 30 years of funding experience, GRANTfinder 4 Housing offers access to over 5,000 housing-related funding programmes, from modest local housing initiatives to major, multi-national European programmes: http://www.idoxgrantfinder.co.uk/housing.
The latest Housing blog Financing Housing Supply – The View from CIH Housing 2014 is also available for interested parties to view today.
For more information on GRANTfinder 4 Housing, the housing survey research findings or Idox’s current support offerings to the housing sector, please contact the Idox Marketing team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to Editors
1. The CIH Housing 2014 Conference & Exhibition survey was completed by a total of 99 delegates.
2. Idox has, since 1985, been operating as Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information services. It seeks to support organisations at every stage of the funding process from identification of suitable funding to application and management: www.idoxgroup.com
3. Idox showcased GRANTfinder 4 Housing at the CIH Housing Conference, along with: other information services in policy and intelligence; its Open 4 Training & Development portal for staff training; and its suite of funding training courses.