MoBiTec, Germany, Announces Availability of Human Herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) Assay Kits
Goettingen, Germany, July 25, 2014 --(PR.com
ELISA-VIDITEST and IF-VIDITEST anti-HHV-6 kits are intended for serological diagnosis of diseases associated with HHV–6 infection, such as exanthema subitum, acute respiratory illnesses, diarrhoea with fever and febrile seizures in infants, heterophile antibody-negative infectious mononucleosis in children, also interstitial pneumonia, encephalitis, meningitis, hepatitis, and aplastic anemia in immunodeficient patients. The presence of IgG anti-HHV-6 antibody reveals the immune status of the patient. Seroconversion or 4–fold rise in antibody titer in paired serum samples, taken in acute and convalescent phase of the infection, is indicative of an active infection.
Why use ELISA-VIDITEST and IF-VIDITEST anti-HHV-6?
• Herpesvirus IgG and IgM determination
• High sensitivity/specificity
• Unified incubation times for IgG and IgM determination
• IF assays available for confirmation of the results
• IgG determination in serum and cerebrospinal fluids
• Ready-to-use controls and conjugates
• Incubation at laboratory temperature
Overview on HHV-6 assay kits
• ODZ-235: anti-HHV-6 IgG; ELISA; semiquantitative
• ODZ-344: anti-HHV-6 IgG (CSF); ELISA; quantitative
• ODZ-345: anti-HHV-6 IgM; ELISA; semiquantitative
• ODZ-061: anti-HHV-6 IgG; IF; semiquantitative
» IF-VIDITEST anti-HHV-6 IgG is an indirect immunofluorescence assay for the detection of IgG antibodies to human herpesvirus type 6 (HHV-6). «
For more information about the ELISA-VIDITEST and IF-VIDITEST anti-HHV-6 kits, please visit http://www.mobitec.com/cms/products/bio/08_screening/hhv_assay_kits.html.
MoBiTec GmbH (Goettingen, Germany) is a privately held company (founded in 1987) that offers research tools for molecular and cell biology. Products include DNA vectors for cloning and expression, cell transfection reagents and cell culture tools, immobilized and soluble enzymes, products for genomics and proteomics research, numerous antibodies and recombinant proteins, superior fluorescence reagents and kits, affinity chromatography products, as well as general laboratory equipment.
In parallel to its own product lines, MoBiTec distributes products from international companies in Germany. MoBiTec products are distributed worldwide, in Germany from their home office, in other countries by distributors.