EmpowerSystems Empower Inpatient™ v1.1.57 Achieves ONC HIT 2014 Edition Complete EHR Certification from ICSA Labs
Chicago, IL, August 13, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- EmpowerSystems™ Empower Inpatient™ v.1.1.57 has achieved ONC HIT 2014 Edition Complete EHR certification, which designates that the software is capable of supporting Eligible Hospitals with meeting the Stage 1 and Stage 2 meaningful use measures required to qualify for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Empower Inpatient™ v.1.1.57 was certified on 7/18/14 by ICSA Labs, an Office of the National Coordinator-Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB) and is compliant in accordance with applicable criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS).
“EmpowerSystems™ is pleased to have received ONC HIT 2014 Edition Complete EHR Certification from ICSA Labs for the Empower Inpatient™ product platform. With this certification, we believe our clients and future partners will be strategically positioned to meet certification requirements and benefit from Meaningful Use incentives for Stage 2 and beyond.” – Dr. Seth Guterman, President of EmpowerSystems™
ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon, offers vendor-neutral testing and certification. 2014 Edition ONC HIT Certification is granted to those technologies that are capable of meeting the more rigorous testing criteria developed to support providers and hospitals who wish to demonstrate Stage 2 meaningful use, which focuses on the capability of health IT to deliver higher quality patient care and exchange clinical information securely.
Empower Inpatient™ v.1.1.57 certification number is 140186R00. ONC HIT certification conferred by ICSA Labs does not represent an endorsement of the certified EHR technology by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The clinical quality measures to which Empower Inpatient™ v.1.1.57 has been certified include:
• NQF 0338 CMS26 Home Management Plan of Care (HMPC) Document Given to Patient/Caregiver
• NQF 0639 CMS30 AMI-10 Statin Prescribed at Discharge
• NQF 1354 CMS31 EHDI-1a - Hearing screening prior to hospital discharge
• NQF 0496 CMS32 ED-3-Median time from ED arrival to ED departure for discharged ED patients.
• NQF 0495 CMS55 Emergency Department (ED)-1 Emergency Department Throughput – Median time from ED arrival to ED v2 departure for admitted ED patients
• NQF 0164 CMS60 AMI-7a- Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 minutes of Hospital Arrival v2
• NQF 0436 CMS71 Stroke-3 Ischemic stroke – Anticoagulation Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter
• NQF 0437 CMS91 Stroke-4 Ischemic stroke – Thrombolytic Therapy v3
• NQF 0142 CMS100 AMI-2-Aspirin Prescribed at Discharge for AMI
• NQF 0435 CMS104 Stroke-2 Ischemic stroke – Discharged on anti-thrombotic therapy
• NQF 0439 CMS105 Stroke-6 Ischemic stroke – Discharged on Statin Medication
• NQF 0371 CMS108 Venous Thromboembolism (VTE)-1 VTE prophylaxis
• NQF 0375 CMS110 VTE-5 VTE discharge instructions
• NQF 0497 CMS111 ED-2 Emergency Department Throughput – admitted patients – Admit decision time to ED departure v2 time for admitted patients
• NQF 0716 CMS185 Healthy Term Newborn
• NQF 0372 CMS190 VTE-2 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) VTE prophylaxis
The additional software relied upon to comply with one or more of the certification criteria include: ConnectEHR, CQMsolution and PresenTense Time Client.
The additional types of costs that an Eligible Hospital would pay to implement this Complete EHR’s capabilities in order to attempt to meet meaningful use objectives and measures include:
• Interface Development
• Interface Configuration
• Integration Fees for Health Information Exchange
• Third Party Database Products to Support Patient Education
• Third Party Database Products to Support Other Required Patient Services
EmpowerSystems™ has an extensive history in the burgeoning Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) and Electronic Health Record (EHR) markets. The successful launch of the Empower ED™ product in 1999, established the firm as an innovator focused on user-friendly, clinically-based software solutions. The Empower Inpatient+Ambulatory™ product platform was unveiled in 2007 and retained the comprehensive clinical documentation technology scope of user-friendly design methodology while also establishing the proprietary ‘One Patient, One Chart, One Database’ mantra. This concept provides doctors, nurses, and ancillary staff with the clinical documentation tools required to communicate essential information in real-time across multiple hospital departments. The Empower Inpatient+Ambulatory™ system architecture is designed to efficiently integrate with any Core Hospital Information System (HIS), functioning as a technological layer residing atop existing non-clinical software systems.
About ONC Certification
The ONC Certified Health Information Technology (HIT) program tests and certifies that HIT is capable of meeting the 2014 Edition criteria approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). The certifications include Complete EHRs, which meet all of the 2014 Edition criteria for either eligible provider or hospital technology and EHR Modules, which meet one or more — but not all — of the criteria.
About ICSA Labs
ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon, offers third-party testing and certification of security and health IT products, as well as network-connected devices, to measure product compliance, reliability and performance for many of the world’s top security vendors. ICSA Labs is an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited and 9001:2008 registered organization. ICSA Labs is NVLAP accredited as a Health IT Test Lab and is also an ONC-Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB) accredited by ANSI to ISO/IEC Guide 65. Visit http://www.icsalabs.com and http://www.icsalabs.com/blogs for more information.