Ithaca, NY, August 15, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- The PMI Water Vapor Transmission Analyzer measures the transmission rate of water vapor through a variety of materials under a variety of imposed conditions. The test conditions can be made to simulate actual environments of the materials, and the test results are accurate and reproducible.
The machine works by maintaining two independent streams of gas on the two sides of the sample at a desired temperature. Humidity and gas flow rates are measured, and the transmission rate through the sample is determined using mass balance.
This machine can be used on a number of materials, including, but not limited to, textiles, leathers, membranes, nonwovens, fabrics and other man-made materials. IT has the unique ability to measure vapor transmission rates over a wide range of humidity, gradients of humidity, temperature and pressure encountered in application environments.
Some features of the machine include:
• Desired humidity on any side of the sample maintainable
• Any desired pressure gradient achievable
• Any desired test temperature achievable
• Simultaneous imposition of pressure and humidity gradients possible
• Flat samples in a wide range of sizes usable
• Completely automated Test execution, Data acquisition, Data storage, Data reduction
Since 1978, Porous Materials, Inc. has been dedicated to the development and manufacturing of sophisticated and fully automated instruments for pore structure characterization. PMI takes pride in being able to offer customers solutions to all of their pore structure characterization needs.