Deerfield Beach, FL, August 29, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- OPEN Sports (www.opensports.com), a new online sports destination and brainchild of Mike Levy, former CEO and founder of CBS Sportsline.com, is introducing an all-star lineup of sports entertainment personalities and content.
OPEN Sports’ new programs will give fans a regular dose of commentary, analysis, opinion, and fantasy sports insight. The show lineup will include:
· “OPEN Sports Page” – Sid Rosenberg and Amber Wilson bring their high-energy personalities together to talk sports and pop culture, including interviews with mainstream sports figures and celebrities
· “Salisbury’s Take” – Sean Salisbury brings his “tell-it-like-it-is” persona to dish up NFL and College Football analysis seven days a week, including going head-to-head with some of today’s most celebrated athletes
· “It’s a Shaw Thing” – Keep up-to-date with the latest in fantasy football with Rob Shaw
· “Charch Chat” - Fantasy Football strategy broken down by one of the best in the industry, Paul Charchian
· “The Why Guys” – Pull up a stool and join the off-center conversation with David Gonos and the OPEN Sports writers, as they break down why things happen in life and sports
· “Amber in the A.M.” – Rise and shine with Amber Wilson for her daily sports recap every morning
· “The OPEN Sports Odds Couple” – Sid Rosenberg brings in handicapping expert Marc Lawrence twice a week breaking down NFL and NCAAF games with an eye toward uncovering the week’s best bets
· “Amber on Campus” – An on-the-ground and in-studio report covering all-things college football with Amber Wilson
“We’ve brought together a dynamic group of sports personalities that will spark discussion because they are not afraid to share their opinions,” said Mike Levy, chairman and CEO, OPEN Sports. “To showcase their talent, we’ve produced a diverse lineup of programs that sports enthusiasts will want to frequently tune in for news and knowledge.”
Salisbury adds, “Being a part of OPEN Sports Network has me more excited for football season than I have ever been. We as a team will make this the best and most informative and opinionated site in sports. I’m pumped to interact with fans and have them be a huge part of OPENSports.com.”
The OPEN Sports personality roster includes:
Sean Salisbury is best known for his 12-year stint as an NFL analyst on ESPN “SportsCenter” and “NFL Live.” Salisbury will bring his no-holds barred approach to football commentary and analysis to OPEN Sports. Prior to his tenure with ESPN, he had a successful football playing career in the NFL and CFL.
Sid Rosenberg is a familiar voice to NFL fans and is well known for his radio show on WFAN (New York’s first sports talk radio station). While at WFAN, Rosenberg also provided sports commentary on “The Imus in the Morning Show.” Over the course of his career, he has also worked with such popular outlets as New York Daily News, Fox Online and “Best Damn Sports Show.”
Paul Charchian was the co-founder of Fanball.com, one of the largest pure-play fantasy sites. In addition, he published more than 200 issues of Fantasy Football Weekly, making him one of the most read authors in the field. Charchian hosts a weekly fantasy sports radio show heard throughout the Midwest. He appears regularly on Fox Sports Radio and ESPN. Presently, Charchian is the chairman of the board for the Fantasy Sports Trade Association.
Marc Lawrence has been handicapping sports professionally for more than 35 years, having won more documented Top 10 Handicapping Achievement Awards than any other handicapper in the nation. Lawrence hosts a syndicated radio show, “Marc Lawrence Against the Spread,” which is heard on more than 100 stations nationwide.
David Gonos is a fantasy sportswriting veteran that has also co-hosted weekly video segments and created experts leagues for several major sports. Gonos was a senior fantasy writer at CBSSports.com.
Rob Shaw is a long-time fan of fantasy sports. A Florida area sports anchor and the creator/host of “Shports Talk,” a 30-minute fantasy TV show, Shaw is ready to share his passion and expertise.
Amber Wilson comes to OPEN Sports from CBSSports.com, where she hosted daily and weekly shows dealing with a variety of sports with an emphasis on fantasy.
About OPEN Sports:
OPEN Sports is led by Mike Levy, founder of CBS SportsLine.com, Rob Phythian, founder of Fanball.com, and other executives and advisors, including Christos Cotsakos, former CEO, E-Trade; David Fuente, former Chairman and CEO, Office Depot; Dr. Salomon Melgen, CEO, Vitreo-Retinal; and Peter Pezaris, CEO, Multiply. OPEN Sports’ mission is to serve every sports fan with a next-generation experience that is guided by a user-first philosophy. Leveraging its cutting-edge platform, OPENSports.com delivers a new approach to sports entertainment that enables fans to connect, inform and participate in a passionate community through its deep content, diverse programming and innovative applications.
If you would like more information about OPEN Sports, or if you would like to schedule an interview with Mike Levy or other members of the OPEN Sports management team, please contact Don Silvestri, VP of Marketing & Public Relations at 954.312.3337 or Rogers & Cowan via email at email@example.com.