PR.com: Business Directory, Press Releases, Jobs, Products, Services, Articles
 
Businesses Articles Press Releases Follow @PRcom
Press Release Pricing | News by Category | News by Country | News by US Region | Recent News | PR.com News on Your Site
 

Press Releases

 
Senior Living Communities

Press Release


Receive press releases from Senior Living Communities: By Email RSS Feeds:

Senior Living Communities Institutes Why Wait? Program to Combat Housing Market Woes


In response to the slow housing market and for a limited time only, Senior Living Communities, a leading provider of retirement communities throughout the southeast, has instituted a program that allows prospective residents to move into one of the communities at a significantly reduced rate.

Charlotte, NC, August 30, 2008 --(PR.com)-- In response to the slow housing market and for a limited time only, Senior Living Communities, a leading provider of retirement communities throughout the southeast, has instituted a program that allows prospective residents to move into one of the communities at a significantly reduced rate.

Under the Why Wait? program, monthly service fees and upfront costs are drastically reduced. Normally, residents pay 100 percent of the occupancy fee at the time of move-in, but with the new program, they would pay only 25 percent upfront and the remaining 75 percent when their home sells.

The program requires the buyer to have their home actively listed with a REALTOR™ and priced consistently with a Competitive Market Analysis.

If, within four years, the home remains on the market, a resident can choose to close with Senior Living Communities by paying the 75 percent balance or they can get a full refund (minus any damage to the home) of the 25 percent that was initially paid when the home is resold.

“With the housing market in its current condition, residents who want to live in our communities are struggling to sell their homes,” said Donald Thompson, president and CEO of Senior Living Communities. “Under the Why Wait? program, they can move-in immediately without a huge financial burden. At Senior Living Communities, we want our residents to live as care-free as possible, and hope this program alleviates some of their stress.”

When Barbara and Tom Sullivan visited The Lakes at Pointe West, a Senior Living Community located in Vero Beach, two years ago, they loved the property, but were not quite ready to sell their waterfront home in Key West. When Mr. Sullivan suffered a massive heart attack, the couple decided it was time to move closer to their daughter in Vero Beach and into a community where there was healthcare available if they needed it. However, by this time, property values in the Keys had crashed.

“We heard about the Why Wait? Program and were absolutely thrilled,” said Mrs. Sullivan. “We loved everything about The Lakes at Pointe West, but could not have moved here without this wonderful program because all of our money was tied up in our house.”

About Senior Living Communities
Senior Living Communities, headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, owns and operates ten premier retirement communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Nestled within the fabric of charming, traditional neighborhood settings, Senior Living Communities allow residents to live life to the fullest through maintenance -free living, outstanding amenities, great dining and onsite healthcare. Communities are carefully planned with residents’ current and future needs in mind and most include single-family cottages, villas, assisted-living, Alzheimer’s care and skilled nursing units, along with grand Clubhouses and Wellness Centers. Senior Living Communities has also partnered with Wake Forest University to create an exceptional wellness program whose goal is to improve residents’ quality and length of life. Senior Living Communities allows its residents to Live Long, Live Well, Live! For more information on Senior Living Communities, please visit www.Senior-Living-Communities.com.

###
Contact Information
Senior Living Communities
Emily Canaday
704-815-7333
Contact
www.senior-living-communities.com

Click here to view the list of recent Press Releases from Senior Living Communities
Promote Your Business