Boxborough, MA, October 05, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Intertek (LSE: ITRK), a global leader in testing, inspection, and certification, will conduct a free webinar to introduce the new Intertek Quality & Performance Mark (QPM). The QPM proves product performance and gives consumers peace of mind through independent, third-party testing and validation. Learn more about how to differentiate products and stand out in the marketplace by attending this webinar.
Mr. Alex Porter, Intertek’s Chief Engineer for Programs, Performance and Durability will provide webinar attendees with an in-depth look at what makes up testing for the Quality & Performance Mark, including:
• Durability - The range of conditions a product can handle and continue to function
• Functionality - The performance of a product's main functions & features under normal use
• Life Cycle - How long a product will last in normal operation
• Usability - Ease of use for its intended tasks
• Workmanship - Evaluating a product's physical characteristics for quality
• CheckPlus Performance - An option which allows specific manufacturer's product claims to be tested and validated, further differentiating a product in the marketplace.
The webinar will be held on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Eastern time. To register, visit www.intertek-etlsemko.com/qpmwebinar or call 1-800-967-5352 and ask for the “Quality & Performance Mark Webinar.”
For further information, please contact
Linda Hall, Field Marketing Manager
Telephone: +1 616 656 1347
About Intertek’s systems certification services
The Systems Certification business unit of Intertek provides management systems audit and registration services to a variety of internationally-recognized standards. These services provide global market access to customers by providing evidence that their management systems are effective and continuously improving. Visit www.intertek-sc.com for further information or to contact your local Intertek office.
Intertek is a leading international provider of quality and safety services to a wide range of global and local industries. Partnership with Intertek brings increased value to customers’ products and processes, ultimately supporting their success in the global market place. Intertek has the experience, expertise, resources and global reach to support its customers through its extensive network of laboratories and offices and over 23,000 people in more than 110 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.intertek.com.