Charlotte, NC, October 08, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Mary Cantando, coordinator for the North Carolina Make Mine A Million $ Business™ event (www.makemineamillion.org), has announced that the Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO) will sponsor a breakfast for the event to be held Tuesday, Oct. 7, at the Blake Hotel, located at 555 S McDowell St. The WPO members that will sponsor the breakfast include:
· Leah Brown, president of Aten Solutions, Inc.
· Margie Motsinger, owner of Cheshire Center, Inc.
· Elaine Buxton, owner of Confero, Inc
· Carol Lindell, owner of Design Centers International
· Victoria Mitchener, partner in Dickens Michener & Associates
· Monica Smiley, publisher of Enterprising Women Magazine
· Paige Burgess, president of Ferguson Supply & Box Mfg Co
· Gail Brinn Wilkins, owner of Gail Brinn Wilkins, Inc.
· Sally Higgins, principal of Higgins Law Firm PLLC
· Linda Bell, director of Holden Properties, Inc.
· Paula Turner, president of Lexair Electronic Sales, Inc.
· Patty Briguglio, president of MMI Associates, Inc.
· Karen McIsaac, president of Project Managers, Inc.
· Jennifer Dunleavy, president of The Accuro Group
· Lisa Pineiro, owner of Technical Services, Inc.
· Judy Smith, president of Smith Seal
· Jill Marcus, founder of Something Classic Corporation
· Tanya Calkins, president of SourceAbility
· Tana Greene, president of Strataforce
· Linda Holden, owner and president of The Linda Construction Co., Inc.
· Janet Ward Black, principal and owner of Ward Black Law
· Mary Cantando, president of WomenBusinessOwner.com
Make Mine a Million $ Business™ provides a combination of money, mentoring, marketing and technology tools that help women entrepreneurs grow their businesses from micros to millions. Finalists were selected from applicants statewide and will be asked to deliver a business pitch to women entrepreneurs, judges and guests at the event. Winners will be chosen by judges and audience members. Women entrepreneurs interested in applying for the North Carolina event are encouraged to visit www.makemineamillion.org for more information.
“The women of WPO have achieved the success that so many women work for,” said Nell Merlino, founder and president of Count Me In. “Their generous sponsorship will pave the way for more successful women in business.”
“We are grateful for WPO’s breakfast sponsorship,” Cantando said. “The members of WPO are strong women leaders who are helping to inform women about success and aid our goal of having a million women business owners with businesses earning a million dollars or more by 2010.”
About Make Mine A Million $ Business™:
Make Mine a Million $ Business™, a program of Count Me In and founding partner, American Express OPENSM, provides women entrepreneurs with the opportunity to expand their businesses by generating more than a million dollars in annual revenue. A unique nationwide program that provides money, mentoring and marketing opportunities to help businesses grow from micro to millions, the goal of Make Mine a Million $ Business™ is to lead one million women entrepreneurs in the effort to reach annual revenues of one million dollars by 2010. North Carolina will host the state’s first Make Mine a Million $ Business™ event on Tuesday, Oct. 7 at the Blake Hotel in Charlotte. For more information please visit www.makemineamillion.org or call (212) 245-1245.
MMI Associates, Inc.
PR Firms Raleigh, NC