Sarasota, FL, October 24, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Venetian Bay Volleyball Club has been in existence since 1998. This will mark their 10th season. Venetian Bay Volleyball Club has been under the same management, producing a consistent level of high quality teams each year. Many of the coaches are former Venetian Bay members who were trained with the same philosophy and have taken their experience from their collegiate playing days and would now like to share that wealth of experience with their players.
The Coaches have experience at the collegiate and high school level. They are the only staff in this area who has won state championships in Florida. All of the coaches have previous coaching experience and have received certification from the Florida Region and/or USA Volleyball. Many of the coaches are from successful area high school programs and are former collegiate players. Brian Wheatley, the Club Director, is the only coach in the area to not have one but two state championships under his belt. He is from California and has brought a west coast mentality and a unique style of training to the state of Florida. Players will be taught the same fundamentals and techniques that have put the Venice High School Volleyball Team in the National rankings the last 4 out of 5 years.
“The past 10 years Venetian Bay has had players from Sarasota, Charlotte as well as Lee County. Our teams usually have between 9 and 11 players, we purposely limit the number of participants in the club so that that our players can attain high levels of quality practice time and we can also assure abundant playing time. Practices are designed to be fun, demanding and promote team unity.” stated Brian Wheatley, Director and Founder of Venetian Bay Volleyball Club.
“The goal of the Venetian Bay Volleyball Club is to offer an affordable competitive setting in which girls can compete against top teams from around the state of Florida plus provide an opportunity for elite teams to travel the country to gain as much exposure as possible. Venetian Bay will be competing against all-star teams from all over the state but will be stressing aggressiveness and solid fundamentals over the win/loss column. Elite teams will be playing for victory. Venetian Bay wants to prepare athletes for the high school varsity level and beyond for those wishing to take it to the next level” Coach Wheatley said.
• Practices are held in the Venice/Nokomis area.
• Teams that compete in state tournament practice twice a week for 2 hours (per session). Elite Teams (which compete out of state) practice 3 times a week for 2 hours (per session). Practices and competitions for all teams begin in December '08 and go through end of April. Teams that qualify for the USA Junior Olympic Volleyball Championships will continue through late June/early July.
• VBVBC carries around 8-10 teams a year in age divisions from 10 and under through 18 and under. Venetian Bay is preparing for the following club teams: 10-1, 11-1, 12-1, 13-1, 14-1, 15-1, 15-2, 16-1, 17-1, and 18-1.
• Younger teams play locally, 14 and over teams play throughout Florida and the elite teams play throughout Florida as well as out of state. Last year Venetian Bay Volleyball Elite teams competed at the Lone Star Classic in Austin Texas as well as the Colorado Crossroads in Denver Colorado.
• Tryouts for elementary and middle school students (4th-8th grade) will be held on Sunday, Nov. 9th at Venice High School. Registration is from 4:00 to 5:00PM. Tryouts are from 5:00-7:00PM.
• Tryouts for high school students 15 and older will be held on Sunday, Nov. 23rd at Venice High School. Registration is from 4:00 to 5:00PM. Tryouts are from 5:00 to 7:00PM.
For more information please visit www.venetianbayvbc.com to download the necessary forms to be completed before the tryouts.
Any questions please contact Coach Wheatley at email@example.com
Venice High School is located at 1 Indian Ave, Venice Florida 34285.