Vienna, Austria, January 17, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Banks have started to consider a closer link between their micro-finance-oriented products and their "normal" business. There is increasing commitment to microfinance, greater variety in microfinance products and a closer focus on the market.
The upcoming premier Microfinance conference in Vienna organized by Uniglobal Research will bring together top representatives of the microfinance and banking environment as well as microfinance networks from all around the world. This is the place to learn from and share strategies with other professionals as well as to extend your network.
Last years event allowed for a unique networking opportunity with leading experts from financial institutions across the globe discussing key strategies.
Key issues to be addressed:
* How global trends & imbalances are affecting Microfinance;
* Successful business models in low income markets;
* Including the world's poor as investors, producers, sellers and buyers;
* Common standards for the Microfinance industry?;
* Mobile Banking for the Poor;
* Retail Microfinance;
* Micro (life) insurance.
The forum will include contributions from leading institutions such as:
* Aavishkaar Goodwell Investments, The Netherlands
* Deutsche Bank, Germany
* Forus Bank, Opportunity International Network Russia
* Finca International, Ukraine
* Habitat for Humanity, Slovakia
* IFC (International Finance Corporation), Turkey
* ICICI Prudential Life, India
* IPC, China
* International Labour Organization, Switzerland
* KfW (Kreditananstalt fuer Wiederaufbau), Germany
* MFC (Microfinance Center for CEE and CIS), Poland
* Microdevelopment Fund, Serbia
* Planet Guarantee, France
* Shorebank International, USA
* Turkish Grameen Microcredit Project, Turkey
* Zurich Insurance, Switzerland
Who should attend:
* Commercial Banks
* Educational and Research Institutions
* Public Sector Leaders
* Donor Agency Executives
* Development Agencies
* Microfinance Technology Providers
* Learn about the current activities and future plans of international commercial banks with regard to microfinance;
* Capture lessons from relevant project experience;
* Gain a unique perspective on how to align social issues with corporate strategy.
About Uniglobal Research
Prague-based Business Intelligence Provider Uniglobal Research is at the forefront of linking business with information. All its events are research driven and highly targeted towards senior level professionals, designed to help you make informed decisions and remain at the cutting edge of business information. Uniglobal Research events focus on knowledge expansion, networking but most importantly maximizing deal-making opportunities for all its executive clients. For further information contact www.uniglobalresearch.eu